How do you make it so only the landing/index page has music in frontpage 2003?

Reaction score
How do you make it so only the landing/index page has music in Microsoft Frontpage 2003?

I have put music on my index page and it works, however, the music continued playing when I click on other pages in my page. I only want music on the landing page.

Thanks for your help

Titania

Reaction score
Hi Titania, welcome to PCR I am afraid I cannot help you but I am sure one of our other members will be able to help you. Once welcome and do please participate as all are welcome.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Titania :). Have you got the site online somewhere so that I can take a look at the source code? Normally any music you've got should stop once you've exited the page, the only exception being if you are using "frames" and you've got the music playing in the container frame.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Titania,

I've had a look and the BGSOUND tag will only work in Internet Explorer (not Chrome or FireFox for example). When I tried it in IE11, it works as expected for me - it only plays on the landing page. Do you happen to have multiple tabs open perhaps, as that could be a reason why you hear it on multiple pages?

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I just clicked from my landing page to another page and the music still played. As far as I am aware, the landing page is no longer open when I click onto another page from it. I just found out that when I go onto the other pages separately, like put the link to the page right into the address bar, the music does not appear.

Ask a Question