how do i use the vlookup with two references ?

Hello,

I would like to use the vlookup functions with two references.
Example:

Name Surname Age
Marcelo Tavechio 25
David Steven 28
Marcelo Figueiredo 34
Vanessa Simmonds 25
Marcelo Silva 45

I want it to look up for Marcelo than for Silva than show the value of 45.

Is it possible????????

Chip Pearson

Try the following formula. Adjust the ranges as required.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="marcelo"),--(B1:B10="silva"),C1:C10)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Vanessa Simmobds" <Vanessa (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Insert a helper column just to the left of your data and CONCATENATE the two
name collumns into it, like Marcelo_Silva, and then use your VLOOKUP formula
on the concatenated values....=VLOOKUP(Marcelo_Silva,YourRange,4,false)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3