how do i set up a taxi office database in access thats simple?

i have a small taxi buisness and need to set up a database for the operator
to log and despatch jobs from, with at least ten diffrent fields that can be
sorted or stored as required

This is exactly the project i am currently working on for a friends cab
office, but i am not an expert and it is taking some time and effort and hair
pulling.

Due to the time aspect of such a system, whereby it needs to be quick to
enter details and amend detail, i have worked on the following basic design:

3 main tables - customer list, driver lists and actual bookings.

The idea is that as new customers are added to the database, their details
are stored within the table, so next time they ring, there will be no need to
re-enter all their detail. At present thou i am struggling to allow an
override whereby i can amend the pick up point without altering the actual
customer address held in the database.

I then have a driver control on the booking form that lists those drivers
marked as being on the road and a driver can be assigned to the job simply by
clicking on his number.

I then have a seperate form that is filtered to show only bookings that have
no assigned driver (set as 0 which is the booking form default). This means
i can split the screen between the booking form and the list of unassigned
bookings. A simple drop down box then lists driver numbers which can be
assigned to each job.

I hope this has maybe given you some ideas of where to go, i would be more
than happy to share ideas with you if it would help, and maybe you, or
someone else, could give me somesuggestions how to add a pick up point to the
booking that defaults as the customer address but can be amended without
altering the customer address

Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

"Tony kabs" wrote:

> i have a small taxi buisness and need to set up a database for the operator
> to log and despatch jobs from, with at least ten diffrent fields that can be
> sorted or stored as required

just wondering if you had completed completed this database as it would save me time to create one. thankyou

Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
lol i know but still worth a try, he probs got a email on his phone sayin rehanm posted on your thread? lol