How do I see existing users and add/remove them?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have "inherited" an Access application that I'm supposed to work with. I have no experience in Access whatsoever so this is a real challenge.

It is started with a shortcut like this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" /runtime c:\strax97\strax2008.mde /wrkgrp c:\strax97\strax97.mdw

It works fine running in Access 2003(have also tried it using 2007). I found out that the .mdw-file is an Access 97-format file.

When the shortcut is double-clicked I get a Logon form asking for Name and password. I only need to enter the name and then OK and the application starts reading from the database in a MS SQL server 2005.

The users that can logon must be stored somewhere and as I have understood this is in the .mdw-file.
I have tried and tried and been using Google to find a suitable answer to my question but with no success so I'm trying to ask instead.

My questions are:

How do I find out how many and which users there are that can logon and use this application?

How do I add/remove users?

I have tried using (2007)Database Tools->Users and Permissions->User and group accounts with no success. Users are created but it seems like these users are not connected to the logon in the application. I don't see users that I know exist and can be used for logging on either.

Regards,
Kalle

Ask a Question