How do I remove leading Zeros?

Frank Martin

I have the bank statements come in with check
numbers as "001234", whereas what I need is
this in the format "1234".

How do I remove these leading zeroes?

Please help.

fredg

I have the bank statements come in with check
numbers as "001234", whereas what I need is
this in the format "1234".

How do I remove these leading zeroes?

Please help.

Exp:Val([FieldName])
will show 1234

tina

assuming that the check numbers are *always* number values (no alphas or
special characters such as hyphens or slash marks), open your table in
Design view and change the check number field's data type from Text to
Number, field size Long Integer. when making this kind of sweeping change to
table data, it's always a good idea to back up the database first "just in
case".

hth

Frank Martin

Because I want to use these for a join in a
select query, and the leading zeros are
recognised as different numbers.

"Jeff Boyce"
<[email protected]_HYPHEN_TO_END>