How do I play an audio MST rar file?

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is an utterly stupid question, but some one sent me an audio MST rar file. My question is how do you play it? I tried playing it with everything I have and it won't. Is there anything I can do,or a program to download to be able to play this file? Or is there a way to convert it? Thanks so much in advance ^^

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A RAR file is a compressed archive, try downloading WinRAR to extract it : www.rarlabs.com

I'm not sure what the MST part is though!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
A RAR file is a compressed archive, try downloading WinRAR to extract it : www.rarlabs.com

I'm not sure what the MST part is though!

Yea I have winrar already, and when I extract it all it shows is text. I'm beggining to think it may be impossible to extract/play it. I tried doing a bit of research, and .MST files are exe/program files that have been zipped and condensed in size. That's why I'm utterly confused why this audio was condensed to a MST file? =/ Thanks for your imput though ^^

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
a .mst file is not music, it is an installer file which in this case has been compressed using the .rar format

Ian Cunningham said:
It could always be a disguised virus?

thats a good point, have you scanned it for viruses ?

Last edited:

Ask a Question