How do I maintain a file's date when converting to the MHT format?

The Web Archive XP File Converter puts today’s date on MHT copies of old
files, eliminating the file’s normal date of last edit.

I’m using the “Word 2000 Web Archive Converter†[1] (warchcnv.exe
1/27/2000), See:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6B-95F1-4FE0-BAE4-56E0A61BF936&displaylang=en

Which is very helpful for converting collections of Internet Explorer
sub-files into one MHT file; and greatly accelerates disk backups. However
it unfortunately replaces the file’s original date with today’s date, which
is a significant loss of very useful directory information. The question is:
Can the original date be maintained?

I also get a warning or error message each time, which reads:
“There was a problem saving ‘file-name’ to the current location. Do you
want to save it to your desktop? Yes No†I then select Yes.

Could this be related to the date issue; since it doesn’t actually replace
the original file, but places a new archival copy on the desktop? Which
isn’t any problem; but I started manually typing the file’s date into the
file name itself to retain the date information, which is a very slow task
when you have more than a 1000 to do; and hopefully a completely unnecessary
effort; since the date when a copy was made is pretty irrelevant compared to
the last date of editing, and it makes the sorting files by date in a
directory window an impossibility. Is there any utility to edit a file’s
directory date, in case the converter insists on putting in today’s date; or
perhaps there’s an outside vendor of such MHT conversion software that could
archive such collections of web files into a single file?

Thanks for any information or references. 12/18/05

1) This operating system utility may have been misnamed since it apparently
has nothing to do with Word 2000, and appears to be strictly an XP file
conversion option.

David Candy

MHT files are prone to crashing IE.

Where are the files. The MHT is a new file so it would be right to have a new date. I can tell you how to add the existing date into the file name quickly.

for %A in (*.html) do ren "%A" "%~ntxA"

which runs this command on each file (5:23 is when I created the test file) in a folder

ren "filename.html" "19/12/2005 05:23 AM filename.html"

Now the above won't work where I live as / is a path or switch character and : is a drive character. So I would have to change my regional settings for date/time (use dash [-] and period [.] as they are legal characters) before running the command.
Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
zzz said:
[...]

I suggest you copy the files and practise the command.