how do I look for cells showing dates less than a certain date?

Annie and Naseem @ Ecojustice

I've constructed a table with dates of employee departures and need to
"sort?" all of those who left over 7 years from the current date. This has to
be done on a repeated basis. How do I set this up and do it?

Bernie Deitrick

Annie/Naseem,

Use a formula like

=A2<DATE(YEAR(NOW())-7,MONTH(NOW()),DAY(NOW()))

Where A2 has your date. Then copy down, and filter that column to show only
TRUE values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP