How do I ingnore non-numeric cells in Analysis toolpak?

toloughlin

When using the Correlation Function in the analysis toolpak, I get an error
message if my dataset contains non-numeric fields. Is there a way to get
Excel to ignore fields that are non-numeric?

Jim Cone

Instead of using the wizard use the Correl function entered on the worksheet.
It will ignore text values in the data...
=CORREL(B5:B99,C5:C99)
-or-
You could sort your data and only use the numerical portion (text sorts separately).
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"toloughlin" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
When using the Correlation Function in the analysis toolpak, I get an error
message if my dataset contains non-numeric fields. Is there a way to get
Excel to ignore fields that are non-numeric?

toloughlin

thanks. I really appreciate the help. I ended up doing a 'replace' of the
fields that I knew were the text fields and it worked. I just replaced them
with blank fields and it worked. I had too many columns to do a correl
function for each one but I really appreciate your advice. It's really cool
to see people offering help to strangers.