How do I get the type for "out System.Data.DataTable" in code?

G

Hi, I'm working on an ASP.Net project, and using reflection to make a call to a method. The method signature is like this
public void Method1(string SortInfo, int PageNum, int Records, out DataTable Table, out bool Result

So, the problem I am having is get the type for the parameter "out DataTable Table". I tried using Type.GetType("System.Data.DataTable&"), but the method call just returned a null. I think it is because something to do with not having the ReflectionPermission for the outside assembly of System.Data?
So, I tried using DataTable1.GetType() to return a DataTable type, and use that in the parameters array to the Type.GetMethod(MethodName, ParametersType) call. However, that didn't return the method because the DataTable type is not a reference data table type.

My question is, is there any way to convert the type for DataTable into a type for "out DataTable"?

Thanks.

M

Mattias Sjögren

I tried using Type.GetType("System.Data.DataTable&"), but the method call just returned a null.

Try to include the assembly name too

Type.GetType(
"System.Data.DataTable&, System.Data, Version=1.0.5000.0, " +
"Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089")

Mattias

Ask a Question