How do I get Excel XP to recognize time to the hundreth

I use Excell on 2005 and 97 and had no trouble using the custom format
hh:mm:ss.00 to enter times to the hundredth. I use this to calculat ET for
time trials. In XP i cannot get the spreadsheet to recognize this as a
number. It sees it as text. If I get rid of the decimal and the following
numbers I can make it work but then I must manually calculate the hundredths
inviting errors.

Peo Sjoblom

Look in the regional settings in windows, I use XP and have no problems
using
the same format. Not that it should be any difference but the default way of
excel 2003 to format for this is

hh:mm:ss.00;@

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Excell time calcs to the hundredths" <Excell time calcs to the
news:[email protected]...

Thanks Peo and I know this should work too. If I email it to my wifes
computer it works just not here on my computer. BTW I have English Canada
set as regional settings. I have had this work in the format you offered as
well as mine hh:mm:ss.00. It just puts the infor into the cell as text IE
left justified.

Peo Sjoblom

And you don't have anything set to replace the period under
tools>autocorrect options? Also look under
tools>options>transitions and make sure you don't have anything checked
there, formula entry screws up date entry