How do I embed MS word doc as an icon in Pow Point presentation?

peggy

I am back once again for help--thanks to last time--it saved me! Hopefully I
will hear something quickly on this problem as well. I need to embed a flyer
I did in MS Word into my Power Point presentation--I need to embed it as an
icon that when the icon is clicked, the MS Word flyer will appear in the PP
presentation. HELP! thanks

Echo S

Insert | Object, choose Create from File and navigate to the Word doc. Tick
the box to Display as Icon.

Then right-click the icon and choose Custom Animation.

Add Effect, choose Object Action | Open.

When you click the icon in Slide Show View, the Word doc will open.

Is that what you're after?

Weezie

On that note Echo S, with an Excel file I mouse over it and the changes I
just made from the previous mouse over are not there. I would like the
mouseover open Excel file to have my changes I just made, how can I get
"that" file to mouseopen from any ppt slide I'm on? Weezie

Echo S said:
Insert | Object, choose Create from File and navigate to the Word doc. Tick
the box to Display as Icon.

Then right-click the icon and choose Custom Animation.

Add Effect, choose Object Action | Open.

When you click the icon in Slide Show View, the Word doc will open.

Is that what you're after?

I am back once again for help--thanks to last time--it saved me! Hopefully
will hear something quickly on this problem as well. I need to embed a
flyer
I did in MS Word into my Power Point presentation--I need to embed it as
an
icon that when the icon is clicked, the MS Word flyer will appear in the
PP
presentation. HELP! thanks

Echo S

I'm confused.

Are you trying to get updates to happen in slide show view, or when you're
editing? Is this related to your question about the Word document? What is
it you're trying to do here?

Echo S said:
[...]

My aplogizes, I do want the updates to show---and then sometimes NOT. I'm
just wanting to bring up the Word or Excel object and see the changes in the
file I've added with the previous PPT slide. Weezie

<peggy> wrote in message
I am back once again for help--thanks to last time--it saved me!
Hopefully
will hear something quickly on this problem as well. I need to embed a
flyer
I did in MS Word into my Power Point presentation--I need to embed it
as
an
icon that when the icon is clicked, the MS Word flyer will appear in
the
PP
presentation. HELP! thanks

Echo S

How are you inserting the Word or Excel document, then?

If you want to be able to update the file in Word or Excel, you need to link
it, not embed it.

(Are you and peggy the same person?)

:

<peggy> wrote in message
I am back once again for help--thanks to last time--it saved me!
Hopefully
will hear something quickly on this problem as well. I need to embed
flyer
I did in MS Word into my Power Point presentation--I need to embed
it
as
an
icon that when the icon is clicked, the MS Word flyer will appear in
the
PP
presentation. HELP! thanks

Weezie

Hi Echo S:
Word or Excel is an application running the file that I refer to during my
presentation. From the PPT, I mouse over the object link to either: start
the program or retrieve a specific file. When I retrieve a specific file
(that happens to have modifications as I go through the presentation, I
sometimes don't receive the "changes". Other times I keep the modifications
(changes) but don't 'get' how I did it. Just need to set me straight, maybe
I'm making it more difficult than it seems. LOL thanks, W. Sorry for
delay, been making DVD movies from VHS tapes in Pinnacle Suite. Takes most
of my time. :)

<peggy> wrote in message
I am back once again for help--thanks to last time--it saved me!
Hopefully
will hear something quickly on this problem as well. I need to embed
flyer
I did in MS Word into my Power Point presentation--I need to embed
it
as
an
icon that when the icon is clicked, the MS Word flyer will appear in
the
PP
presentation. HELP! thanks

Weezie

p.s. I'm not Peggy, just jumped into the correspondence since it was close
to my need, my bad.

<peggy> wrote in message
I am back once again for help--thanks to last time--it saved me!
Hopefully
will hear something quickly on this problem as well. I need to embed
flyer
I did in MS Word into my Power Point presentation--I need to embed
it
as
an
icon that when the icon is clicked, the MS Word flyer will appear in
the
PP
presentation. HELP! thanks

Echo S

Sorry, I'm completely confused.

You're running a presentation, and you mouse over the link to either start
the program (Word or Excel) or file.
When I retrieve a specific file
(that happens to have modifications as I go through the presentation, I
sometimes don't receive the "changes". Other times I keep the
modifications
(changes) but don't 'get' how I did it.

What do you mean, it "happens to have modifications"? Are you making
modifications to the linked file as you're presenting, and you need to know
how to save those?

Remember, I can't see what you're doing there. You gotta help me out.

Echo S said:
Sorry, I'm completely confused.

You're running a presentation, and you mouse over the link to either start
the program (Word or Excel) or file.

What do you mean, it "happens to have modifications"? Are you making
modifications to the linked file as you're presenting, YES YES YES, YOU GOT IT. and you need to know
how to save those? YES YES AND BRING THEM UP AGAIN AND AGAIN WITH ADDITIONAL CHANGES CONTINUING AS I GO. >
Remember, I can't see what you're doing there. You gotta help me out. Painting pictures are really hard for me. sorry. Weezie :)

<peggy> wrote in message
I am back once again for help--thanks to last time--it saved me!
Hopefully
will hear something quickly on this problem as well. I need to
embed
flyer
I did in MS Word into my Power Point presentation--I need to
embed
it
as
an
icon that when the icon is clicked, the MS Word flyer will appear
in
the
PP
presentation. HELP! thanks

Echo S

Ah, you're doing fine.

So, let me recap.

You're running a presentation and mouse over a link to open a Word or Excel
document.

You make changes to the Word/Excel file as it's opened during the
presentation. And you want those changes to persist as you continue through
the presentation.

I think if you save after you make the changes, the next time you open the
document/worksheet, the changes should display. Try hitting Ctrl+S (which is
the keyboard shortcut for Save) when you've made changes to the
document/workbook and see if that does the trick.

You may want to make a copy of your original worksheet/document just for
safe-keeping in case this blows up. :)