    workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.

    I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can use
    it whether they have Excel or not.

    Guest, Feb 21, 2006

    Norman Jones Guest

    Hi Stephen,

    Your users must have a copy of Excel.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "StephenAccountant" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Norman Jones, Feb 21, 2006

    NickHK Guest

    Or the free Excel Viewer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN

    Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.

    Depends what you mean by "use".

    NickHK

    NickHK, Feb 21, 2006

    Use as in add data into the workbook and save it.

    I didn't think the Excel Viewer could do that.

    Guest, Feb 21, 2006

    NickHK Guest

    Stephen,
    You're correct. The Viewer is only for, err, viewing.
    Unless you want to understand the BIFF8(??) format used by Excel or shell
    out for Office/Excel, Open Office is the only free way.

    NickHK

    "StephenAccountant" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Use as in add data into the workbook and save it.
    >
    > I didn't think the Excel Viewer could do that.
    >
    > "NickHK" wrote:
    >

    > > Or the free Excel Viewer.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN

    > > Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.
    > >
    > > Depends what you mean by "use".
    > >
    > > NickHK
    > >
    > > "Norman Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Stephen,
    > > >
    > > > Your users must have a copy of Excel.
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > > Regards,
    > > > Norman
    > > >

    > > > "StephenAccountant" <>

    wrote in

    NickHK, Feb 21, 2006

    What is open office?

    Guest, Feb 21, 2006

    Tom Ogilvy Guest

    http://www.openoffice.org/

    Free MS Office workalike.

    --
    Regards,
    Tom Ogilvy

    "StephenAccountant" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > What is open office?
    >
    > "NickHK" wrote:
    >
    > > Stephen,
    > > You're correct. The Viewer is only for, err, viewing.
    > > Unless you want to understand the BIFF8(??) format used by Excel or

    shell
    > > out for Office/Excel, Open Office is the only free way.
    > >
    > > NickHK
    > >
    > > "StephenAccountant" <> wrote

    in

    Tom Ogilvy, Feb 21, 2006