country without changing region setting in the control panel. Appreciate if
you could help. Many thanks.

R

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook uses those settings. Why would you want it to use a different
setting than the one you chose?

K

Karolina Molnar

I'm having the same issue. I am in Hungary, so my computer's regional setting is for this country. Almost all my contacts are in the US, though. It seems there should be a way to choose what the default would be.

Also since I changed my region, my "file as" no longer puts "Last, First" anymore; it comes up "Last First" without the comma. I have to enter the comma manually into "file as", or I'll have all the contacts I entered while in the States one way and the new ones this way. Not handy.

R

ruste

I'm having the same issue.  I am in Hungary, so my computer's regional setting is for this country. Almost all my contacts are in the US, though. Itseems there should be a way to choose what the default would be.  

Also since I changed my region, my "file as" no longer puts "Last, First" anymore; it comes up "Last First" without the comma. I have to enter the comma manually into "file as", or I'll have all the contacts I entered while inthe States one way and the new ones this way. Not handy.

Hi,

Change the location in your Phone and Modem Options (Control Panel),
and edit the current Locations country/region. This should then update
in Outlook to have the correct country code you desire.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question