How do I capture a date?

Capture a variable date & use with text

Every week I have to create a schedule that includes dates. I want to be able
to prompt for a date and place it within the header along with the phrase
"Week Ending". So I would open up the spreadsheet, and then get a prompt me
to enter a date and then I would take that date and make the phrase "Week
Ending December 4, 2008" for instance. Or, would I have to use control key
combination to get the date? I would also need to take that date and update
the date fields for each day of the week. The date would be Thursday, so I
would take that date and put it in the cell for the Thursday date. I would
then subtract one to automatically give me the date for Wednesday and so on.
Thanks for any help.

T. Valko

Not sure what you want.

If you want the Thursday date of the current week:

="Week ending "&TEXT(5-WEEKDAY(NOW())+TODAY(),"m/d/yyyy")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Capture a variable date & use with text" <Capture a variable date & use
news:[email protected]...

Capture a variable date & use with text

That was close to what I want, but if I run this on Tuesday or Wednesday, I
want the Thursday to be next weeks Thursday. I also want to be able to
capture that date and use it to calculate the dates of next week. Thanks

T. Valko

Sorry, I don't understand.

?????