Subject: How can I
From: "stan" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 11/8/2004 11:07 AM Eastern Standard Time

Can't uninstall a program from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. Get
message unable to locate log file (program name) uninst.isu. Uninstall will
not continue. How can I remove the program another way?. Will using delete
from Program Files accomplish this.

Thanks,
Stan
You don't say what the program is, so we don't know if it ever had an
uninstall, but you could try reinstalling it and then checking for an uninstall
entry. If it is a small, eg. free or shareware prog. it may not have ever had
an uninstall. You can probably delete the folder in Program Files without harm,
but there may be registry entries, dlls, etc. left here and there. Hard to say
without further info.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

stan said:
Can't uninstall a program from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. Get
message unable to locate log file (program name) uninst.isu. Uninstall will
not continue. How can I remove the program another way?. Will using delete
from Program Files accomplish this.

Thanks,
Stan
Hi Stan,
Deleting a program from program files IS NOT the way to remove a program it
will leave tracies of it all over your system,instead try this first,
reinstall the program and reboot then try uninstalling it again from
add/remove. The original unwise file for the program may be corrupted and
this should replace that file,post back if this doesn't work.

Darrell S

Right click the program execution file and choose Properties. That will
show you the path to the file. Now in Explorer you can locate the folder
that contains that program. You can delete the folder. That will get rid
of most of the program. Now you can use Start... Programs... find the
program command shortcut and delete that, too.

AcydSkull

Can't uninstall a program from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. Get
message unable to locate log file (program name) uninst.isu. Uninstall
will not continue. How can I remove the program another way?. Will
using delete from Program Files accomplish this.

Thanks,
Stan

If you delete fro Program Files it will delete the program itself, however
a lot if not most programs put files in the windows directory and some of
its subdirectories, those files will not be deleted if you delete from
program files, any registry entries will not be deleted as well.

Try Cleansweep or other uninstall software.

Rock

stan said:
Can't uninstall a program from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. Get
message unable to locate log file (program name) uninst.isu. Uninstall will
not continue. How can I remove the program another way?. Will using delete
from Program Files accomplish this.

Thanks,
Stan

Contact the program vendor for assistance on removing it.

Alex Nichol

stan said:
Can't uninstall a program from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. Get
message unable to locate log file (program name) uninst.isu. Uninstall will
not continue. How can I remove the program another way?. Will using delete
from Program Files accomplish this.

That would probably leave loose ends in the registry. Best approach in
such cases is usually to install the program again, into the same place
as before, which ought also to install a correct uninstaller and log
file