how can I used javascript for chaging values in TextBox

• Thread starter =?iso-8859-2?Q?Anton_ml._Vah=E8i=E8?=
  • Start date
?

=?iso-8859-2?Q?Anton_ml._Vah=E8i=E8?=

Hi,

I have a typical textBox:
<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 48px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 24px" runat="server">test</asp:TextBox>
</form>

How can I use javascript to change value of TextBox from test to something else for example "test1".

Thanks,
Anton, ml.

J

Janaka

First of all does this need to be done on the client side? If its something that can be done on postback then using TextBox1.Text = "test1" will suffice.
If it has to be done through javascript I've found the trick is to add the attribute name="TextBox1" to your control, because Javascript won't understand ID. then you can reference the control's text value through document.forms[0].elements['TextBox1'].value;

Hi,

<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 48px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 24px" runat="server">test</asp:TextBox>
</form>

How can I use javascript to change value of TextBox from test to something else for example "test1".

Thanks,
Anton, ml.

B

bruce barker

actually you can use the W3C standard routines with most browsers to access the control by ID.

document.getElementById('<%=TextBox1.UniqueID%>').value = 'new text value';

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

First of all does this need to be done on the client side? If its something that can be done on postback then using TextBox1.Text = "test1" will suffice.
If it has to be done through javascript I've found the trick is to add the attribute name="TextBox1" to your control, because Javascript won't understand ID. then you can reference the control's text value through document.forms[0].elements['TextBox1'].value;

Hi,

</form>

Thanks,
Anton, ml.

Ask a Question