How can I eliminate blinking scrollbars?

Tony

I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help here...

Tony

Mike H

Hi,

I'd start by trying

application.screenupdating=false

'your code
application.screenupdating=true

Mike

Tony

Didn't do anything. Still has focus, still blinking.

Any other ideas??? I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tony

Jim Cone

Tony,
You can eliminate the thumb (the part that flashes) by setting
the LargeChange property to a value greater than the Max property
and setting the ProportionalThumb property to True.

Of course that isn't always what you need, but other than setting the
focus elsewhere I am not aware of a way to keep it from flashing.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Tony" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?
Thanks for any help here...
Tony

Tony

Thanks, may have to settle for this. I had set the PropThumb property to
false so that the thumb was smaller and therefore less annoying. Your
suggestion is better anyway.

Thanks,

Tony