How can I determine cell color?

I am color blind (to same extent). Sometimes I need to determine what is cell
(or font) color in an existing worksheet. I would like to be able to
right-click on a cell and see what is its background color. Or right-click on
a letter/digit in a cell and see what is font color and background color. I
assume that does NOT exist now. How can I deliver my request to the Excel
development group?

If you respond, PLEASE notify me at (e-mail address removed)

Thanks
Naum

Bob Phillips

Add this sub

Sub ColorIndex()
Dim msg As String

If Selection.Cells.Count > 1 Then
MsgBox "Too many cells selected", vbExclamation, "ColorIndex"
Else
MsgBox "Active cell colour is " & ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex,
vbInformation, "ColorIndex"
End If
End Sub

Then create a right-click menu option with

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, temporary:=True)
.Caption = "Color"
.BeginGroup = True
.Style = msoButtonCaption
.OnAction = "ColorIndex"
End With
End With
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

Bob Phillips

Jim Cone

How many color blind Excel users are there out there?
It's conceivable that someone might take it on themselves to
write an Excel add-in, to identify colors (by index and name), and give it away.
But there would have to be some indication that demand exists.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Naum" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I am color blind (to same extent). Sometimes I need to determine what is cell
(or font) color in an existing worksheet. I would like to be able to
right-click on a cell and see what is its background color. Or right-click on
a letter/digit in a cell and see what is font color and background color. I
assume that does NOT exist now. How can I deliver my request to the Excel
development group?
If you respond, PLEASE notify me at (e-mail address removed)
Thanks
Naum

Jim Cone

No demand at all has appeared. But not being deterred by facts
when you want to do something, I have written an Excel add-in that
might help some Excel users.
It adds a menu item to the popup menu that appears when a cell
is right-clicked. The menu lists the cell color, font color and cell location.

If anyone would like to try the add-in and provide any comments or
suggestions about it, my email is: (e-mail address removed)
(remove xxx from the address)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA