how can i create a bridge graph in excel?

A

Andy Pope

Hi,

Maybe you could explain what you mean by bridge graph. Could you post a
link to an example?

Cheers
Andy

Reaction score
Hello, you can also try to create a bridge chart with the website www.waterfall-chart.com: you will gain a lot of time in comparison with creating the chart with Excel... And this website (free) sends you the bridge chart in an Excel format... Worth trying ;-)

Reaction score
I've tried the waterfall plotting service on the waterfall - chart . com web page. It produces a handsome chart. Since it's an Excel chart, you are able to format it however you like. However, there are drawbacks to using this kind of web page approach.

The most important issue is that the chart they send you is an Excel chart, but it is not linked to your data, nor is it linked to any data even in the worksheet you are sent. The data is hard-coded into the chart's series formulas

This means:
1. You have to enter your data one value at a time into the web page.
2. If your data changes, the chart does not change.
3. If you try to change the data that is hard-coded into the chart's series formulas, you are likely to get errors that break the chart.

If you want a dynamic Excel chart, you are better off building it directly in Excel, as I describe in Excel Waterfall Charts (Bridge Charts).

Ask a Question