How can I change the color of the comment indicators?

Does anyone know how I can change the color of the comment indicators in an
Excel spreadsheet so I can tell who wrote the comment. This would help me and
my secretary to be able to do our work and be able to tell who's comment it
is. We are in different lacation and can't always talk to each other on the
spur of the moment. If we can change the color of the comment indicator then
it would be simple to be able to see at a glance who's comment it is.

Carim

Hi,

With Edit Comment then right click mouse to format comment and you will
be able to change shapes, colors, etc ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Thank you to my savior. I'll try it now. I figured that there should be an
easy solution.

Thaks again
Clay

I just tried formatting the comment and I was able to change the background
color, test color and the line color. But I wasn't able to change the comment
indicator color. Do you have any other ideas?

Perhaps there is a way to fake it. I found this while doing the google group
search:

From: David McRitchie - view profile
Date: Thurs, Oct 21 2004 7:29 pm
Email: "David McRitchie" <[email protected]>
Groups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hi Sue,
Actually there was an earlier use of a triangle shape overlaying
the cell comment to change the apparent color, you might want to
check out both threads instead of just one of them.

Cell Comment indicator triangle, change color of, Stratos Malasiotis,
2000-07-08
http://google.com/[email protected]

Also check out another macro doing same thing, mainly by Dave Peterson,
2003-04-25,
http://google.com/[email protected]

Desert Piranha

azveteran said:
Does anyone know how I can change the color of the comment indicators i
an
Excel spreadsheet so I can tell who wrote the comment. This would hel
me and
my secretary to be able to do our work and be able to tell who'
comment it
is. We are in different lacation and can't always talk to each other o
the
spur of the moment. If we can change the color of the comment indicato
then
it would be simple to be able to see at a glance who's comment it is.
Hi azveteran,

May be something here that will help you.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.ht

Hi Kevin or anyone else who can help me.

I've been tryint to use the information that you and Desert Piranha provided
but it apears that I need to know VB. I don't. Can you please help me by
explaining how I ca apply this information you have provided? Your help is
greatly appriciated.

Hi Kevin,

I just figured ot out. All I had to do was run a macro. This is the solution
that I was looking for.
Thank you

I just took a quick look at it. It appears you would copy the code to a VBE
module (Alt-F11,) and run that macro. I don't know if there's anything else
to it, so you may want to post your question to the programming forum along
with the links you have been provided and ask for help there.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you again. You have been a real help. I have pasted the BVE code into
a BV project module. It does work but i still have to be carefull because I
lost the Excel workbook. Thank God that I make backup copies. But the Module
path got messed up and I had to use the backup. The workbook wouldn't work
properly. This is probably my fault. I will present this to the programming
department.

FYI-This is the link you provided that helped me the most,
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...cb15fc7ef72/681264f6c3d7fe07#681264f6c3d7fe07

Thank you again.
Clay

Both people at that link are regular posters, so you will probably get the
help you need. Again, good luck.