How can I change cursors on a mouse over event?

I have some text with behaviors (opening a layer) and I want the cursor to
change when the mouse is hovered the text.

Any ideas?

Murray

Proper application of the link will do the job. Can you show us your code,
please?

--
Murray
--------------

"Change a cursor on mouseover" <Change a cursor on
news:[email protected]...

At this moment I just have underlined text with behaviors to maks a layer
visible using the 'onclick' event.

<u id="id3"
onclick="FP_changeProp(/*id*/'popup_menu',0,'style.visibility','visible')">contact us</u>

I did not use a hyperlink because the layer wasn't listed in the linking
options.

I would like the user to know they are hovering above the text as if it were
a hyperlink.

Helpful person

At this moment I just have underlined text with behaviors to maks a layer
visible using the 'onclick' event.

<u id="id3"
onclick="FP_changeProp(/*id*/'popup_menu',0,'style.visibility','visible')">­contact us</u>

I did not use a hyperlink because the layer wasn't listed in the linking
options.

I would like the user to know they are hovering above the text as if it were
a hyperlink.

You can use CSS as in this example (ignore the Java section).

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_cursor.asp

www.richardfisher.com

Murray

<u id="id3"
onclick="FP_changeProp(/*id*/'popup_menu',0,'style.visibility','visible')">contact
us</u>

See, this is a mistake. You cannot apply events to the <u> tag. They must
be applied to an anchor that surrounds the <u> tag. Change your code as
follows -

onclick="FP_changeProp(/*id*/'popup_menu',0,'style.visibility','visible');return
false"> <u id="id3" contact us</u></a>

and you will get what you want.