HoverMenuExtender at wrong location

Peter

I have the following code in DonNetNuke application, I am trying to create a
popup in every DataList Item, eveything is working with exception the popups
do not line up with every DataItem. How do I make the popups to line up
with every DataItem?

Thank You

Peter

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:DataList ID="lstContent" DataKeyField="ItemID" runat="server"
CellPadding="4"
OnItemDataBound="lstContent_ItemDataBound">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Image ID="imgJob" runat="server"
ImageUrl="" Height="36px" Width="42px" />
<asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" NavigateUrl='<%#
EditUrl("ItemID",((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ItemID")).ToString())
%>'
Visible="<%# IsEditable %>" runat="server">
<asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server"
ImageUrl="~/images/edit.gif" AlternateText="Edit"
Visible="<%# IsEditable%>"
resourcekey="Edit" />
</asp:HyperLink>
<asp:Label ID="lblContent" Font-Size="12pt"
ForeColor="Blue" runat="server" />
--> Start Time '<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"StartTime") %>'
style="display: none">Report ID '<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "InstanceID")%>'
<cc1:HoverMenuExtender
ID="HoverMenuExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="imgJob"
PopupControlID="pnlReportInfo"
PopupPosition="Right" PopDelay="25" OffsetY="50"
OffsetX="10">
</cc1:HoverMenuExtender>
<asp:panel ID="pnlReportInfo" runat="server"
Width="200px" BackColor="Azure">
<asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server"
ImageUrl="~/images/balloon-1.png" />

</asp:panel>

</ItemTemplate>
</asp:DataList>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"
OnClick="Button1_Click" />
<asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="10000"
OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
</asp:Timer>
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

From your code I think it's caused by the OffsetY="50" and OffsetX="10" set
for the HoverMenuExtender. Could you adjust the offset value to see if it
can work?

If it still doesn't work please send me a demo project. I'll test it to see
how to get the expected layout. My email is (e-mail address removed).

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
| Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:59:39 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have the following code in DonNetNuke application, I am trying to
create a
| popup in every DataList Item, eveything is working with exception the
popups
| do not line up with every DataItem. How do I make the popups to line up
| with every DataItem?
|
| Thank You
|

| Peter
|
| <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
| <ContentTemplate>
| <asp:DataList ID="lstContent" DataKeyField="ItemID"
runat="server"
| CellPadding="4"
| OnItemDataBound="lstContent_ItemDataBound">
| <ItemTemplate>
| <asp:Image ID="imgJob" runat="server"
| ImageUrl="" Height="36px" Width="42px" />
| <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1"
NavigateUrl='<%#

EditUrl("ItemID",((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ItemID")).ToStrin
g())
| %>'
| Visible="<%# IsEditable %>"
runat="server">
| <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server"
| ImageUrl="~/images/edit.gif" AlternateText="Edit"
| Visible="<%# IsEditable%>"
| resourcekey="Edit" />
| </asp:HyperLink>
| <asp:Label ID="lblContent" Font-Size="12pt"
| ForeColor="Blue" runat="server" />
| --> Start Time '<%#
| DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"StartTime") %>'
| style="display: none">Report ID '<%#
| DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "InstanceID")%>'
| <cc1:HoverMenuExtender
| ID="HoverMenuExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="imgJob"
| PopupControlID="pnlReportInfo"
| PopupPosition="Right" PopDelay="25" OffsetY="50"
| OffsetX="10">
| </cc1:HoverMenuExtender>
| <asp:panel ID="pnlReportInfo"
runat="server"
| Width="200px" BackColor="Azure">
| <asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server"
| ImageUrl="~/images/balloon-1.png" />
|
| </asp:panel>

| </ItemTemplate>
| </asp:DataList>
| <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"
| OnClick="Button1_Click" />
| <asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="10000"
| OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
| </asp:Timer>
| <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
| </ContentTemplate>
| </asp:UpdatePanel>

Peter

Allen Chen said:
Hi Peter,

From your code I think it's caused by the OffsetY="50" and OffsetX="10"
set
for the HoverMenuExtender. Could you adjust the offset value to see if it
can work?

If it still doesn't work please send me a demo project. I'll test it to
see
how to get the expected layout. My email is (e-mail address removed).

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.
rights.

--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
| Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:59:39 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have the following code in DonNetNuke application, I am trying to
create a
| popup in every DataList Item, eveything is working with exception the
popups
| do not line up with every DataItem. How do I make the popups to line up
| with every DataItem?
|
| Thank You
|

| Peter
|
| <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
| <ContentTemplate>
| <asp:DataList ID="lstContent" DataKeyField="ItemID"
runat="server"
| CellPadding="4"
| OnItemDataBound="lstContent_ItemDataBound">
| <ItemTemplate>
| <asp:Image ID="imgJob" runat="server"
| ImageUrl="" Height="36px" Width="42px" />
| <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1"
NavigateUrl='<%#

EditUrl("ItemID",((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ItemID")).ToStrin
g())
| %>'
| Visible="<%# IsEditable %>"
runat="server">
| <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server"
| ImageUrl="~/images/edit.gif" AlternateText="Edit"
| Visible="<%# IsEditable%>"
| resourcekey="Edit" />
| </asp:HyperLink>
| <asp:Label ID="lblContent" Font-Size="12pt"
| ForeColor="Blue" runat="server" />
| --> Start Time '<%#
| DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"StartTime") %>'
| style="display: none">Report ID '<%#
| DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "InstanceID")%>'
| <cc1:HoverMenuExtender
| ID="HoverMenuExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="imgJob"
| PopupControlID="pnlReportInfo"
| PopupPosition="Right" PopDelay="25" OffsetY="50"
| OffsetX="10">
| </cc1:HoverMenuExtender>
| <asp:panel ID="pnlReportInfo"
runat="server"
| Width="200px" BackColor="Azure">
| <asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server"
| ImageUrl="~/images/balloon-1.png" />
|
| </asp:panel>

| </ItemTemplate>
| </asp:DataList>
| <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"
| OnClick="Button1_Click" />
| <asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="10000"
| OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
| </asp:Timer>
| <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
| </ContentTemplate>
| </asp:UpdatePanel>

It's not caused by the offset, because same thing happens when I remove the
offsets. Plus it works fine in FireFox, but not IE7.0
I can't send you the program, because there are a lot of other remote
modules that this program is depandant on and it would take a long time to
reconfigure.
I've downloaded the latest DotNetNuke program to use it for testing, but I
can't install it,the installation just keeps running and running.
Never again will I use DotNetNuke, at the time it seemed realy good and it
would same a lot of time, but in the end you are better off doing the work
yourself. I am stuck with DotNetNuke because I have too much time invested
in the project with DotNetNuke to switch and start over.

I will keep trying to create a demo that I can email.

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your update. In the mean time it's also very helpful if you can
send me the link to your. I can then see if I can see the same behavior on
my side.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
| Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:06:44 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|

| | > Hi Peter,
| >
| > From your code I think it's caused by the OffsetY="50" and OffsetX="10"
| > set
| > for the HoverMenuExtender. Could you adjust the offset value to see if
it
| > can work?
| >
| > If it still doesn't work please send me a demo project. I'll test it to
| > see
| > how to get the expected layout. My email is (e-mail address removed).
| >
| > Regards,
| > Allen Chen
| > Microsoft Online Support
| >
| > Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments
and
| > suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you.
Please
| > feel free to let my manager know what you think of the level of service
| > provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager at:
| > (e-mail address removed).

| > Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent
issues
| > where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
| > Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each
follow
| > up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
| > professional working with you may need further investigation to reach
the
| > most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for
situations
| > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
| > project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are
best
| > handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by
contacting
| > Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.
| > ==================================================
| > rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
| > | Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:59:39 -0500
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | I have the following code in DonNetNuke application, I am trying to
| > create a
| > | popup in every DataList Item, eveything is working with exception the
| > popups
| > | do not line up with every DataItem. How do I make the popups to line
up
| > | with every DataItem?
| > |
| > | Thank You
| > |
| > |
| > | Peter
| > |
| > | <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
| > | <ContentTemplate>
| > | <asp:DataList ID="lstContent" DataKeyField="ItemID"
| > runat="server"
| > | CellPadding="4"
| > | OnItemDataBound="lstContent_ItemDataBound">
| > | <ItemTemplate>
| > | <asp:Image ID="imgJob" runat="server"
| > | ImageUrl="" Height="36px" Width="42px" />
| > | <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1"
| > NavigateUrl='<%#
| > |

EditUrl("ItemID",((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ItemID")).ToStrin
| > g())
| > | %>'
| > | Visible="<%# IsEditable %>"
| > runat="server">
| > | <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server"
| > | ImageUrl="~/images/edit.gif" AlternateText="Edit"
| > | Visible="<%# IsEditable%>"
| > | resourcekey="Edit" />
| > | </asp:HyperLink>
| > | <asp:Label ID="lblContent"
Font-Size="12pt"
| > | ForeColor="Blue" runat="server" />
| > | --> Start Time '<%#
| > | DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"StartTime") %>'
| > | style="display: none">Report ID '<%#
| > | DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "InstanceID")%>'
| > | <cc1:HoverMenuExtender
| > | ID="HoverMenuExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="imgJob"
| > | PopupControlID="pnlReportInfo"
| > | PopupPosition="Right" PopDelay="25" OffsetY="50"
| > | OffsetX="10">
| > | </cc1:HoverMenuExtender>
| > | <asp:panel ID="pnlReportInfo"
| > runat="server"
| > | Width="200px" BackColor="Azure">
| > | <asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server"
| > | ImageUrl="~/images/balloon-1.png" />
| > |
| > | </asp:panel>
| > |
| > | </ItemTemplate>
| > | </asp:DataList>
| > | <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"
| > | OnClick="Button1_Click" />
| > | <asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="10000"
| > | OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
| > | </asp:Timer>
| > | <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"
Text="Label"></asp:Label>
| > | </ContentTemplate>
| > | </asp:UpdatePanel>
| > |
| > |
| > |

Allen Chen said:
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your update. In the mean time it's also very helpful if you can
send me the link to your. I can then see if I can see the same behavior on
my side.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

I can't not give you the link to the website because it's on Intranet.

I've tried to create test web app, but I can not duplicate the problem on
the test app and I don't know what's different. Same code on the test app
does not create the same problem. I realize that no one is able to help me
unless I can show the problem. I'll keep working on the problem on my own.

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hello Peter,

I am not able to troubleshoot this issue without a demo. However, I can
provide some suggestions from the clues you've provided.

1. You said "Plus it works fine in FireFox, but not IE7.0". Based on my
experience this is generally caused by the non-cross-browser
javascript/css. I suggest you compare the rendered html and the css to see
if there're any differences.

2. The general step to reproduce the problem is to add modules on the test
page one by one. Once you see this behavior you can assure the last added
module is the culprit.

You're not alone, Peter. I'm right here working with you to solve this
problem. If you find any clues please do let me know. I may provide some
possible reasons and guidelines to troubleshoot then.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
| Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 00:42:05 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|

| | > Hi Peter,
| >
| > Thanks for your update. In the mean time it's also very helpful if you
can
| > send me the link to your. I can then see if I can see the same behavior
on
| > my side.
| >
| > Regards,
| > Allen Chen
| > Microsoft Online Support
| >

| I can't not give you the link to the website because it's on Intranet.
|
| I've tried to create test web app, but I can not duplicate the problem on
| the test app and I don't know what's different. Same code on the test
app
| does not create the same problem. I realize that no one is able to help
me
| unless I can show the problem. I'll keep working on the problem on my
own.

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi,

This issue has been resolved via email communication.

WOW - that was fast!

That was it !!!

I would never found this problem on my own, I would never even though to
look at DOCTYPE, not to mention know what to change.

Thank you very, very much !!!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your project. I've reproduced this issue on my side and find the
culprit. This is due to the DOCTYPE.

By default the DNN renders this DOCTYPE:

However, IE requires the new version of DOCTYPE to get it work properly for
some styles:

To work it around please try this in the Default.aspx.vb:

Private Sub SetSkinDoctype(ByVal SkinPath As String)
Dim FileName As String = ApplicationMapPath &
SkinPath.Replace(".ascx", ".doctype.xml")
'set doctype to legacy default
Dim DocTypeValue As String = "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
""-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN""
""http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"">"
¡­

Please let me know if it works.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: "Gustavo Andrés Arriola O." <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
| Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:42:02 -0300
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi!
|
| I have exactly the same problem, you can view the site from here:
| http://www.virtualegis.com.py/planillas/LiquidacionHaberes.aspx
|
| It works well in FireFox, but in IE7, control does not display correctly.
|
| Best regards,
|
| Gustavo Arriola
| .NET Developer
|

| "Allen Chen [MSFT]" <[email protected]> escribió en el
mensaje
| | > Hello Peter,
| >
| > I am not able to troubleshoot this issue without a demo. However, I can
| > provide some suggestions from the clues you've provided.
| >
| > 1. You said "Plus it works fine in FireFox, but not IE7.0". Based on my
| > experience this is generally caused by the non-cross-browser
| > javascript/css. I suggest you compare the rendered html and the css to
see
| > if there're any differences.
| >
| > 2. The general step to reproduce the problem is to add modules on the
test
| > page one by one. Once you see this behavior you can assure the last
added
| > module is the culprit.
| >
| > You're not alone, Peter. I'm right here working with you to solve this
| > problem. If you find any clues please do let me know. I may provide some
| > possible reasons and guidelines to troubleshoot then.
| >
| > Regards,
| > Allen Chen
| > Microsoft Online Support
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Re: HoverMenuExtender at wrong location
| > | Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 00:42:05 -0600
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > |

| > can
| > behavior
| > on

| > |
| > | I can't not give you the link to the website because it's on Intranet.
| > |
| > | I've tried to create test web app, but I can not duplicate the
problem
| > on
| > | the test app and I don't know what's different. Same code on the test
| > app
| > | does not create the same problem. I realize that no one is able to
help
| > me
| > | unless I can show the problem. I'll keep working on the problem on my
| > own.
| > |
| > |
| > |