Hotmail and Outlook 2003

Kevin Long

I just purchased a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Standard.

I have 2 questions about Microsoft Outlook 2003 that came with the package:

1. Can you setup Outlook such that you can read usenet? In Outlook express
you can, I cannot find anywhere on Outlook 2003 to do so.

2. I have 2 hotmail email addresses. One is just for my personal use and
the second is one that I use for communicating with clients. I have managed
to setup Outlook 2003 with my personal hotmail account and it works great,
but it won't let me do it for my client communication account? It keeps
telling me that I have to upgrade (spend 30 bucks and get the msn upgrade
with microsoft) to be able to use Outlook with hotmail.

Can anybody help me out with these issues?

TIA
Kevin

Roady [MVP]

1) No, Outlook isn't a newsreader.

2) Hotmail support in Outlook or Outlook Express is no longer free. Accounts
that have been used in Outlook o Outlook Express before will retain this
functionality for some months.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

Walt Basil

Outlook calls out to Outlook Express for news reading capabilities. To get
this, right click on a toolbar, select customize, go to the Go menu, and find
News. Drag news onto the main Go menu, and down to where you want it
displayed.

KD

2) Hotmail support in Outlook or Outlook Express is no longer free. Accounts
that have been used in Outlook o Outlook Express before will retain this
functionality for some months.

I hate to appear dumb, but what exactly do you mean by 'support'?

Ben M. Schorr - MVP OneNote

Hello KD,

K> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
K> wrote in message K>K> Accounts
K>K> I hate to appear dumb, but what exactly do you mean by 'support'?

Means it doesn't work. :) They turned off the feature for free Hotmail accounts
-- now you can only access them through the web interface. If you have a
paid account you can still check it with Outlook.

Aloha,

Ben Schorr

ERIQ COOK

Hopefully Microsoft will integrate the newsreader capabilities into Outlook
SOMEDAY...