Homepage hijack - solutions not working!

Help

I was hijacked by a nasty nasty: jasearch.biz/rider.ph
I've installed and run adaware, spywareblaster, spybot and hijack thi
It found a bunch of things which I successfully remove
Didn't wor

I reran symantec - didn't wor

I performed a clean boot and deleted all of the suspicious registry items: the guilty website was my default page url, local page and start page.

I opened IE, changed the homepage and it worked
But then I closed it and opened it again and the hijacker was back.

Any more ideas? This is cost me some five hours of annoyance!

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your Home Page Setting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320159&Product=ie600

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"akschneider" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Help!
|
| I was hijacked by a nasty nasty: jasearch.biz/rider.php
| I've installed and run adaware, spywareblaster, spybot and hijack this
| It found a bunch of things which I successfully removed
| Didn't work
|
| I reran symantec - didn't work
|
| I performed a clean boot and deleted all of the suspicious registry items: the guilty website was my default
page url, local page and start page.

| I opened IE, changed the homepage and it worked!
| But then I closed it and opened it again and the hijacker was back.
|
| Any more ideas? This is cost me some five hours of annoyance!

I have gone through all those steps to no avail..

Had Adaware and SpywareBlaster already installed, updated them and ran them again to no avail..
Installed Spybot S&D, CWShredder and HiJackThis to no avail..
Installed a regedit program called HomePageLock to no avail..
Went into the registry and deleted the malicious url in Default_PAGE_URL, Local_Page, and Start_Page to no avail..
Did this again after a Clean Boot to no avail..
Updated and ran my symantic anti-virus and windows update to no avail...

HELP!