Homebuilt hardware selection

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm completely new to building a computer from scratch, and would appreciate som views and opinions on my selection of hardware.

I've found the different components through availability at shops, and different tests from internet sites. However, I am not sure wether this combination is a good idea, or if it's something important that i've missed. Thanks for all feedback! :D

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Big Tower
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, Socket-1155
Intel® Core i7-2600 Processor
Gainward GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 12GB CL9
Western Digital Caviar® Black 1TB
Corsair HX 650W PSU

What do you think? :blush:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A case is partly a matter of personal preference but technically your choice of case is good, up the PSU a little, say, to 750W, and then everything looks fine to me.

And welcome to the forum :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Get a bigger PSU just to be on the safe side and to 'future proof' yourself a little. :)

Do you want/need 12GB of RAM?

That case, in my opinion, is ugly as sin. But as said, thats your choice. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :D

Would this be a good CPU?
- Chieftec Nitro Series BPS-750C 750W PSU

It wouldn't be my choice although it's reviews have been fair, regularly scoring 80%. hard to find a UK supplier, Amazon stock it but they're about the only reputable supplier who do.

This Corsair PSU Link would be my choice and it's also cheaper than the Chieftec.

Unless you wanted a modular PSU of course then the price will be a little higher.

Ask a Question