G

I created my site. The home page is named index.htm. When viewing the page
from the published web, it is not my home page. I cleaned all unrelated
pages and unpublished pages from the local computer. Still no change. Any
suggestions?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

what page is it then?

the name of your home page may be: index.htm, index.html, default.htm or default.html...depending on what your host has it set to...easiest way to find out is ask them or read their publishing instructions.

fp will rename your home page to what is required so you may end up with index.html when you really named it index.htm which can be confusing at first.

| I created my site. The home page is named index.htm. When viewing the page
| from the published web, it is not my home page. I cleaned all unrelated
| pages and unpublished pages from the local computer. Still no change. Any
| suggestions?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Joy,

When you surf directly to http://www.purejoyministries.com/ you will not see the default document
name, as the server knows which default file to open, this is set by your web host. Your site is
working correctly.

The actual default document being used on your site is default.asp, you can see this by clicking on
your home link.

When you publish your web to server that has the FP extensions, the extensions on the server will
rename your home page to the first name in the default document list (set up by your host), so in
your case index.htm is being renamed to default.asp. If you want this changed to use index.htm, then
you have to have your host move index.htm to be the first name in the default document list for your
account.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Ask a Question