History

Why dont' my history folders contain any web pages. I never empty my history
folders. In tools-internet options my settings are set to keep history for 20
days. I have never adjusted these settings but my folders stopped keeping
history some months ago and I can't seem to do anything about it.

wings said:
Why dont' my history folders contain any web pages. I never empty my history
folders. In tools-internet options my settings are set to keep history for 20
days. I have never adjusted these settings but my folders stopped keeping
history some months ago and I can't seem to do anything about it.
Hi Wings,
Check the your IE Properties not set to clear History on Close IE by going to:
Internet Options>> Advance and scroll down and Look for Security Option and
there untick the Option
[ ] Empty TIF Folder when browser is closed
and see on the General Tab tht the Keep History options is Higher than 60
days that if you would like to keep webpages that long adjust according your
Needs.
Hope this Helps
nass

Thanx for you help ppl. I followed the instuctions for deleting the history
folder for 'user' (i only have one user on my pc) but windows would not allow
me to delete saying it was a system folder and could not be deleted. I have
deleted all TIF etc etc manually and with Tracks Eraser. The problem started
after a Windows Update was downloaded and installed (as I recall) so maybe
that was the cause? It drives me nuts so any further help would be great.
Wings

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Possibly a corrupted History folder. Follow the appropriate (for your OS)
instructions at http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm to delete the
History folder.

Or...
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm can

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

usually delete the
History folder and a new one will be created when you restart.

wings said:
Why dont' my history folders contain any web pages. I never empty my history
folders. In tools-internet options my settings are set to keep history for 20
days. I have never adjusted these settings but my folders stopped keeping
history some months ago and I can't seem to do anything about it.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Your Windows version?
IE version (from IE> Help> About) example 6.0.2900.2180
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hi Don
It seems that "trying" to delete the history folder did actually work
(although windows said I couldn't delete it) as I now have web pages etc in
my history folders. Thank you so much for your invaluable help. I'll cross my
fingers and hope it continues to behave itself.
Cheers
Wings

"wings" <wings[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Why dont' my history folders contain any web pages. I never empty my
history
folders. In tools-internet options my settings are set to keep history for
20
days. I have never adjusted these settings but my folders stopped keeping
history some months ago and I can't seem to do anything about it.

Hi Don

It seems that I may have deleted the history folder after all (even tho
windows said I couldn't) as now I have web pages etc in my history folders.
Thanks for your invaluable help and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it
behaves itself.

Cheers
Wings