Highlighting Specific Conversations and Filtering On It

S

Stewart Berman

Outlook 2007

I have the following settings:

Automatically group according to arrangement checked
and
Arrange By: Conversation

Is there anyway to highlight or flag Conversations (not individual emails) and then filter on that
setting?

For example, I would like to be able to identify five conversations out of a hundred in a folder and
easily find them or filter so just the five conversations are shown and any email that was part of
those conversations would be visible.

I have only been able to find ways of flagging individual messages and then filtering on those
flags. If I do that for all of the messages in a conversation new ones will not be automatically
flagged and will not be visible.

S

Stewart Berman

Found a way to do what I want. I selected all conversations in the folder and set the follow-up
flag to no date. I then unflagged the messages in the conversations I was interested in. Finally,
I set the filter to Follow-up Flag is empty. It is more work than flagging conversations would be
but since that's not available this will have to do.

Now only the conversations I am interested and ones with new messages show up. If I am not
interested in the new ones I just set their Follow-up Flag.

S

Stewart Berman

That doesn't pick up new ones in the conversations being monitored. It has to be something that
both messages of interest that have been read and new unread messages have in common.

You can do it in a news reader because you can set the thread to Watched and all new messages in the
thread are flagged as Watched. Then just filter on Watched. Outlook doesn't have that
functionality. So it has to be the absence of something that you filter for.

Ask a Question