HID

G

Having a go with the Human Interface Device Service. Showing the error in Event viewer after a boot up. Below is the error, of course MS Info was useless. I cannot figure out what HID it is complaining about. I was having trouble with the ILS Service until I realized I didn’t need it and uninstalled it. But was getting this error before that. Don’t know what else to offer, anyone give me an idea on what to do next

**Start Report*
"The Human Interface Device Access service terminated with the following error: The specified module could not be found."
**End Report*

-Windoze XP Pro SP1
-Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum MOBO @ 333 FSB. (Will run 400 FSB but the video card errors.
-Celeron 2.2 Gig CPU with ThermalTake high velocity cooling on CPU, memory, and 6†filtered case fan
-512 Megs of Crucial DDR400 memory
-NVIDIA G4/4800 SE/VTV8 AGP @ 128 Megs DDR, 405 MHZ CPU, 8X. (NOT overclocked.) into a Sony 17" LCD panel
-5 Button Explorer Optical mouse and MS Internet Keyboard and supporting software
-Logitech USB Wingman Digital 3D Joystick and supporting software
-4 x WD 40 Gig HDD's, Lite-On DVD player and a Lite-On W/RW 24x burner. (Separate IDE channels. NOT running RAID.
-Antec 400 watt case and supply
-All battery backed, grounded. (I add this as I found a customer with a flaky computer, the power was fluctuating so much the computer would reboot etc. could not find anything wrong other than the system was not properly grounded and the power company was dropping a leg during a power sharing activity. Did the APC/ground and all problems went away. Not the case here of course…

K

Kelly

Hi Mike,

The following error will occur if any of the three files (hidserv.dll,
mouhid.sys and mouclass.sys) are missing.

Could not start the Human Interface Device Access service on Local
Computer. Error 126: the specified module could not be found

Extract hidserv.dll, mouhid.sys and mouclass.sys from drivers.cab in the
Windows XP CD to "<Systemroot>\Windows\System32\" to fix the issue.

1.Insert Windows XP Setup CD.
2.Browse to <CD-ROM>:\i386\drivers.cab
3.Double click the drivers.cab file. The compressed files in the Cab file
will be listed.
4.Copy the three files to <SystemRoot>\windows\system32\. Reboot the
computer.

The Human Interface Device Access service will then be started.

Ask a Question