Help!!

Cool Slicka

Hey Jimmy,
Thanks for all of your advice...but my prob. still isn't solved!
I tryed doing what you said.
I followed every bit of instruction, but my installer just freezes and
returns me to my desktop once it reaches 99%!
I have previously run this game w/out any troble at all on Windows 95 on my
old laptop.
I don't see what the prob. is with Windows XP??? Help!!
If ANYBODY can help please notify me ASAP!!
P.S. Thanks Jimmy!

Cool Slicka

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Cool,

Okay, we'll try one more thing before hitting the troubleshooter.

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000 (try each choice starting with a.)
5.. Under Display settings, leave them as is for now, and just get Worms installed.
6.. Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
A good place to look is: http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=174&v=90002

For more details please review the source at:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292533

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hey Jimmy,
| I have account administrator privilages and my temp
| directory is perfectly clean.
| My antivirus software dosen't take effect during installations,
| and I can't think of any other things that could be the problem???
| Jimmy please respond to this!!
| Or...if anyone else can help help me!!! Please feel free to do so!!
|
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Cool,
| >
| > Are you installing Worms using an account with administrator
| > privileges, and have you tried clearing out your temp directory?
| >
| > Both of those ideas can help solve that problem and also be
| > certain to turn off your antivirus during installation since you're
| > using the original CD to install from. (You can scan afterwards).
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| > | I am trying to install Worms Armaggedon!
| > | I put in the CD, then I click on My Computer,
| > | then I click on the icon for my CD Drive.
| > | The installation wizard loads, but once it reaches 99%, it freezes.
| > | Once it freezes, I have to get out of it using ctrl + alt + del!
| > | Help! I have tryed using the compatability wizard but it dosen't
| help?!?
| > | I am running Windows XP, and my computer is brand new.
| > | I bought it for $3000, I don't think the problem is with the computer!!!
| > | What should I do!?!?!?
| > |
| > | Cool Slicka
| > |
| > |

Jimmy S.

Hi Cool,

It's time for some troubleshooting. ;-)

1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
> [...]

| > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292533
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| > | I have account administrator privilages and my temp
| > | directory is perfectly clean.
| > | My antivirus software dosen't take effect during installations,
| > | and I can't think of any other things that could be the problem???
| > | Jimmy please respond to this!!
| > | Or...if anyone else can help help me!!! Please feel free to do so!!

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |