Help with tax formula for marginal tax rates

Joe User

PS....
Which now looks suspiciously like one of the solutions that I presented in
this thread two days ago, complete with relying on a row with 0%.

Actually, your table is different in design: it is limited to incomes of
less than $10 million, whereas mine is not. Not a big limitation,
admittedly; but an unnecessary one.

There is nothing wrong with Bob's approach [...] it is indeed the
most efficient formulation, I believe.

I meant the most efficient formulation presented so far in this thread.

Some years ago, I was posting a formula using MAX. I suspect it is more
efficient, although I am not taking the time to test the theory. I still
use the MAX formula sometimes for quick-and-dirty implementations. But I
have adopted a table-driven design for responses because I believe it is
less error-prone and easier to maintain (change from year to year). It is
certainly easier to remember ;-).