Help with query and calculation

G

I am drawing a blank. I need to set up a query, which I will later pick up in a form that does what is probably a simple calculation, but I just cannot come up with a working model

I charge off bad accounts, and have to separate the charge off amount in to catagories. I charge off or subtract any balance for purchases to one General Ledger Account ($140.00), any Late charges to the Late charge Income account ($50.00), and services charges to the service charge income account ($25.00). Basically for any previously accounted income we decrease it for a loss. But we need to keep this record on the customer

As the customer makes payments on this charged off amount, I need to apply each and decrease these amounts. I need to be able to pick these amounts up in a form to be able at a glance to know which of the above accounts can be decreased on the customers record with each payment. This also tells us how to apply the payment with in our General Ledger Accounts and increase the income once again

I have determine Balances are recovered first, then Late charges then finally fees

So if my customer pays $50.00 I need be able to reflect the $140.00 changing to $90.00 and keep going until the 140.00 is paid, then move onto the next categorie.

Any suggestions, I cannot seem to get by this one. This may be a simple calculation, but I keep failing each time I try

G

Sorry to sound silly but can you clarify what you want just the query to do. What I can gleen from you first message would require more than one query and several new tables if they are not already setup. A query cannot hold a record so if you wish to keep a running total it will need to be on a table

If all you require is simply a calculation; an equashion as part of a query will only work if it is the only equashion in the query and no other fields are active to be shown. I find it easier to not assign a table to the query, rather right-click on the first field and select build. Its then a simple matter of selecting your values and operators. Hope I have helped.

Ask a Question