Help with .pps

Windows 98SE, PP 200

Everything working fine until my computer crashed. Had hard drive reformated. Got PP program re-installe
yesterday. Got ready to SAVE AS a slide show, and the usual option for .pps, or for that matter none of the
options I previously had are available. Options now are: Presentation, Web Page, Web Archive, PP 95, PP 97-2002 & 95
Presentation, Presentation for Review, Design Template, PP Show, PP Add-in, Gif graphis Interchange Format
etc.

It will SAVE AS a .pps, but it has a Windows logo, not the usual square logo, and when I click on it in Window
Explorer to open it wants to know what program I wish to us, i.e. Notepad

What in the world can be the problem, and how can it be corrected

Many, many thanks for any help
Kathryn
wants to know what I want to use. Does not go to the P

Glen Millar

Kathryn,

1. The save options to pps are still there but named differently. For
example, PP Show is really a *.pps.

2. However, for the icon issue and it opening in Notepad, this is mucked up
in the way the extensions are handled by Windows. Information is here:

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00355.htm

Please get back if you need more help.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Kathryn said:
Windows 98SE, PP 2002

Everything working fine until my computer crashed. Had hard drive
reformated. Got PP program re-installed
yesterday. Got ready to SAVE AS a slide show, and the usual option for
..pps, or for that matter none of the
options I previously had are available. Options now are: Presentation,
Web Page, Web Archive, PP 95, PP 97-2002 & 95
Presentation, Presentation for Review, Design Template, PP Show, PP
Add-in, Gif graphis Interchange Format,
etc.

It will SAVE AS a .pps, but it has a Windows logo, not the usual square
logo, and when I click on it in Windows

Glenn,

Thank you so much. I needed reassurance that I had not gone completely daffy when I read the options for
Save As! MS shouldn't do that to an old lady. I've printed out the instructions from the url you gave me. Will give it a try and see if I can get it straightened out.

Kathryn