Help with function to add percentage to cell based on checkbox.

foxgguy2005

http://www.digitaluprising.net/site/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_lumberlist.jpg

I am looking to make a function that will do the following....

I have two cells... one thats in pieces, and one in length... i have
checkbox that i want to add a percentage to an amount already entere
into either the length or pieces cell... which cell it adds th
percentage too will be decided by a drop down box...please see th
graphic for help understanding...
basically what i want to do is add a percentage based on a checkbox an
defined based upon a dropdown box into a cell which already has a valu
entered into it

Biff

Hi!

If you want to do this with worksheet formulas then you'll need to use a
helper cell.

See this screen cap:

http://img268.echo.cx/img268/8138/xlhelp5dv.jpg

I figured it would be easier to show than to write a small book explaining.
(I may be wrong!)

Basically, I linked the checkboxes to the cells that they're "in". I set the
font color of those cells to be the same as the fill color so that you cant
see the TRUE or FALSE.

The formula shown is only for "Length". You can use it as a guide to come up
with one for "pieces".

Biff

"foxgguy2005" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

foxgguy2005

Is there a way to make that formula part of the drop down menu that wa
it will check the quantities or lengths dependant on the dropdow
menu's choice and then overwrite the selected cell with the new data
percentage

Biff

Hi!

No, that can't be done.

One thing of note. I assummed that one of those 3 options would always be
selected in which case the formula will work just fine. However, if none of
those options is selected then the formula could return a zero even though
there is a value in the length cell.

This formula will take that possibility into account:

=IF(B3="","",IF(J2=B2,SUM(B3,((G2=TRUE)*B3*0.1),((H2=TRUE)*B3*0.15),((I2=TRUE)*B3*0.2)),""))

If you don't want to use the formula you can try posting this in the
programming forum. Maybe someone can come up with something.

Biff

"foxgguy2005" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...