Help with forms

J

Joe Callus

I am sending out html emails to private client lists that advertise the
availability of professional development courses and would like to have a
form where the registration information can be entered.
Currently I just have a link to an email that the individual must request
that they be contacted.

I would like to automate this process where clicking on the email button
requests signup information for the email such as Company Name, Your name,
Email address, Course date, phone number etc.

Any suggestions on how I would do this? I do not know java and am using
FrontPage 2000 to create the html emails.

Thank you.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You need to provide a link to form that is hosted on your web site for the folks to complete.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

G

Here's a quick ASP code sample I just wrote. It has a form that posts back to itself, grabs the users entries and formats an email and sends

Rhond

<%@ Language=VBScript %><HTML><HEAD><title>Send Mail</title><
action = request.QueryString("action"

If action = "post" The
strSubject = "some text -- " & request.Form("subject"
strMessage = request.Form("message"
strFrom = request.Form("from"
strEmail = request.Form("email"
set Mail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail"
Mail.From = strEmai
Mail.Subject = strSubjec
Mail.Body = "From: " & strFrom & chr(10) & strMessag
Mail.To = "(e-mail address removed)

On Error Resume Nex
Mail.Sen

End I
%><meta name="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0"><LINK href="help.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"></HEAD><body bgColor="white" leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" rightMargin="0"><%If action = "post" Then%><table width="748" ID="Table2"><tr><td height="20"></td></tr><tr><td class="hHeading" align="center">Your information has been sent
<br
Thank you .</td></tr><tr><td class="hHeading" align="center"><a href="mailinfo.asp">Click here to add additional</a></td></tr></table><%Else%><form name="frmMail" action="mailinfo.asp?action=post" method="post" id="frmMail"><table width="748" border="1" class="formBorder" bordercolor="#0c3c9e" cellpadding="5
cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="hHeading" valign="top" width="150">From:</td><td><input type="text" name="from" id="from" size="20"></td></tr><tr><td class="hHeading" valign="top" width="150">Email:</td><td><input type="text" name="email" id="email" size="20"></td></tr><tr><td class="hHeading" valign="top" width="150">Subject:</td><td><input type="text" name="subject" id="subject" size="20" maxlength="255"></td></tr><tr><td class="hHeading" valign="top" width="150">Message:<br><div class="results"></div></td><td><textarea ID="message" NAME="message" cols="50" rows="20"></textarea></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><input class="button" type="submit" name="send" id="send" value="Send Mail"><td></td></tr></table></form><%End if%></body></HTML>

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Only works if hosted on Unix/Linux and it is self-registration, meaning anyone visiting the site can
register for access.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Ask a Question