help with attachments

Andrea

When we try to send an attachment e-mail, an error comes up that the
authentication setting might not be correct for our outgoing e-mail (SMTP)
server. In the next paragraph it says: must issue a Starttls comand first. I
have no idea what I am doing. Could you please help?

(e-mail address removed)

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You need to provide more details. Which email program are you using?
Can you send emails without attachments? Who is your mail service provider?
If that is Live.com, be sure to use the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

If you continue to get an error message when you try to send, right-click on your
error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much
troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)