help with ATI 9600 XT& radlinker

end user

I have had the above card for 1 month and I like it.

However the kids tried radlinker on the card and the core read 249.75
and memory 297.0. Believing that this is too low ,I did not have the
the original core memory values, I reinstalled windows XP sp1 (drive
image copy).

I reinstalled radlinker to look at the numbers but still get the same
core/memory values.

1- does the 9600XT have a bios and does radlinker burn the new values
to it?

2- does the fact that I reinstalled windows reverse all changes made
by radlinker?

3- what are the actual values of the core and memory when NOT
overclocked.

Thank you for your responce

PS please do not send guess' as I do not want to damage my system.

Locust

dino

my 9600XT using Aida 32 shows as GPU 526 mhz..memory as 297mhz ddr/
effective clock 594mhz

Navid

end user said:
I have had the above card for 1 month and I like it.

However the kids tried radlinker on the card and the core read 249.75
and memory 297.0. Believing that this is too low ,I did not have the
the original core memory values, I reinstalled windows XP sp1 (drive
image copy).

I reinstalled radlinker to look at the numbers but still get the same
core/memory values.

1- does the 9600XT have a bios and does radlinker burn the new values
to it?

2- does the fact that I reinstalled windows reverse all changes made
by radlinker?

3- what are the actual values of the core and memory when NOT
overclocked.

Thank you for your responce

PS please do not send guess' as I do not want to damage my system.

Locust

You can download a free utility from here
http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php
called aida32. Run it and expand "Display" and select "GPU".
It will show the GPU and the memory clock frequencies.

Radlinker works by modifying the registry not the bios.

If you "reinstalled" XP, there will be nothing left from Radlinker.
If you restored a disk image of XP, the answer depends on when
you created the image with respect to when you modified the
graphics card's frequencies.

According to this ATI page
http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9600/radeon9600pro/compare.html,
the gpu and memory frequencies for 9600XT are 500MHz and 600MHz
respectively.
Note that the memory is DDR: 2 X 300MHz =600MHz.
Radlinker shows the real clock (effective clock = 2 X real clock) 300MHz.
Aida shows both.

J. Clarke

end said:
I have had the above card for 1 month and I like it.

However the kids tried radlinker on the card and the core read 249.75
and memory 297.0. Believing that this is too low ,I did not have the
the original core memory values, I reinstalled windows XP sp1 (drive
image copy).

I reinstalled radlinker to look at the numbers but still get the same
core/memory values.

1- does the 9600XT have a bios and does radlinker burn the new values
to it?

2- does the fact that I reinstalled windows reverse all changes made
by radlinker?

3- what are the actual values of the core and memory when NOT
overclocked.

Thank you for your responce

PS please do not send guess' as I do not want to damage my system.

Make sure you have Overdrive turned off. The following is from the
Radlinker FAQ:

"Does RadLinker work with the Radeon XT?

It has been reported to work with the Radeon XT as long as Overdrive is
disabled. NEVER TRY TO OVERCLOCK YOUR CARD WITH OVERDRIVE ENABLED! It also
will not report the correct core speed with Overdrive enbaled."

end user

THANK YOU to all who replied, I now know that Radlinker only modifies
the registry, that my reinstallion of XP corrected any errors & that
Aida is a nice prog to have. My GPU shows up as 500 mhz and memory as
297Mhz.

Below is a message I recieved from Chris W the maker of Radlinker