Help with a project

MC82

Im in need of a little help for a project that was just assigned to me.

Basically what my manager wants is to have a macro that will produce a
list of the different combinations possible. Based of 5-6 columns that
she has provided.

I attached a image of what I am trying to accomplish

I would appreciate any help, or advise. I just need to know what kind
of functions I will need to use or websites that might have a solution.
If its not possible, I would like to know that too. Thanks for any
help.

|Filename: Excel.gif |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4245 |

Jim Cone

M,

There are 720 ways to display six different values. ( 1*2*3*4*5*6).
Suggest you download my free Excel add-in "Display Word Permutations"
from here: http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

Enter the six column letters and let it run.
It will provide a list in a single column of all 720 possibilities, from acdefg to gfedca.
Use Text to Columns to separate the list into six columns.
Use Edit | Replace to change each column letter to the appropriate word.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"MC82"wrote in message
Im in need of a little help for a project that was just assigned to me.
Basically what my manager wants is to have a macro that will produce a
list of the different combinations possible. Based of 5-6 columns that
she has provided.
I attached a image of what I am trying to accomplish
I would appreciate any help, or advise. I just need to know what kind
of functions I will need to use or websites that might have a solution.
If its not possible, I would like to know that too. Thanks for any
help.

MC82

Hi Jim, Thanks for the input. I did as you suggested, one of the
criterias that I left out is that the columns need to stay in the same
order, what changes is the value of the column. Not sure if that makes
sense.

Jim Cone

M,

If your original data has any more rows than that shown in the example,
then I don't believe Excel has enough rows to display the requested lay out.
Even if it would fit, someone would have to pay me write the code.
But there are a lot smarter people than me contributing here who
may some ideas.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA