help to find VBA to forward a batch of e-mails

Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I just discovered this forum and it probably has the answer to my question already, but a search has failed to come up with it.

I have set up my e-mail account with my ISP to automatically forward any inbound e-mails to a gmail.com account, and recently discovered a way to automatically add a bcc to everything that I send so that in the future they will land there too. The net result of this is a fairly comfortable knowledge that should something fail on my local machine I will have copies of all e-mail correspondence.

However, I have several hundred e-mails that I have sent from my Outlook 2003 over the last few years before I discovered the auto bcc solution that I would like to see parked in the same gmail.com account.

I am looking for a macro or VBA code that would check each older saved e-mail to determine if it was sent or received, and if it was sent by me, to forward it to another e-mail address. There are a large number of the older e-mails with big attachments so it would be nice if there was some method to batch them up by folder contents or date older than, etc., so I can accomplish this task in smaller bites rather that choking the pipe.

Since this is probably fairly elementary to anyone who knows something about it, I suspect that it has been invented many times over. If someone could point me in the direction of a remedy for this, I will be eternally thankful.

By the way, here is the code to add the bcc.

Code:
        Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)

Dim objRecip As Recipient

Dim strMsg As String

Dim res As Integer

Dim strBcc As String

On Error Resume Next

' Enter the address for Bcc

' It must be SMTP address or 

' resolvable to a name in the address book

strBcc = "[email protected]"

Set objRecip = Item.Recipients.Add(strBcc)

objRecip.Type = olBCC

If Not objRecip.Resolve Then

strMsg = "Could not resolve the Bcc recipient. " & _

"Do you want to send the message?"

res = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, _

"Could Not Resolve Bcc recipient")

If res = vbNo Then

Cancel = True

End If

End If

Set objRecip = Nothing

End Sub