Help, strange failed login attempt

Jimbo

Im trying to isolate a failed login attempt to my domain that occurs once or
twice every few days. Below is the text of the event log failure:

The source of this one is Security and its Event ID is 529
Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: Administrator
Domain: SERVER
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: SERVER

The source of this one is Security and its Event ID is 681
The logon to account: Administrator
by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
from workstation: SERVER
failed. The error code was: 3221225578

I neither have a workstation named "SERVER" nor a domain. Is there a higher
level or debugging I can turn on in an attempt to find out more about this?
We are firewalled, etc and this box is on our internal LAN.

Bobby McMillan [MSFT]

Jimbo,

This is an attempt to access the server on which the event is logged.
Probably mapping a drive or the like. Do you have anyone RAS'ing in or
coming in over a VPN connection? the error code maps to "User logon with
misspelled or bad password"

The Key here is to see if you can find a trend and then attepmt to take a
trace based upon the trend.