Help sorting data

Reaction score
Hi,

Need help from the experts or else it's going to be a very time consuming manual process for me. The reason being that there are 1000’s of customers and more than 2000 suburbs.

That said I will try to explain as best I can. Also attached an example.

I received customer lists reflecting the actual suburb the customer can be found in. These were created manually and is therefore subject to spelling etc. (Example B2-B11)

How can I:

1) Get Excel to validate Items in B1-11 with items A23-33 (A22-33 reflects the correct spelling) and then if there is a 100% match reflect the suburb in C2-11. If there is no 100% match then give me the choice of closest possible matches based on A23-33? Like I said there are more than 2000 suburbs and this could save some time.

2) Once the validation is complete and I selected or entered an option for an item that does not match this with A23-33 and reflect the geographic area as defined by B23-33 in D2-11?

I need to sort this in to predefined geographical areas. A geographical area is made up of several suburbs and can change.

Hope someone understands??

Please help.

Thanks

Attachments

• Suburbs.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 70

Ask a Question