Help Required deploying MS Accesss through active directory

G

Guys

We have Microsoft SBS 2000 running.In the past we have deployed all the softwares throguh active driectory like mcafee antivirus,office,acrobat etc. I am new to deploying software throguh group policy.I read on technet and tried to deploy Microsoft Access on all our computers.First of all when i rebooted my workstation windows says installing managed software but in less then 10 seconds it just came with logon screen .When i logged in i saw that software was not installed. Moreove Mcafee antivirus gave me some error with avsync manager no running and my mcafee antivirus was no running on machines. When i rebooted my workstation again same problem and workstation tokk ages to log on.Now i am in trouble and i have to fix this problem. What should i do .Sould i unstall mcafee throguh gp and then reinstall and how do i deploy ms access to only certain computer in my domain? Please Help me !!!!!!!

G

One more thing i forgot to mention that how does CD Key works with regards to deployment throguh active directory????????

B

Bruce Musgrove

I can answer that part! You install Access \ office as an administrative
install on a network drive, then you can set up various trasnforms to
install only what you want.

The only issue I have run into with doing office though is that it does not
always advertise to all users, depending on how you get it out. If you
assign it, so it automatically installs through activedirectory it is not an
issue. If you publish it so the end user can install it at will, then it
often only installs for one user instead of advertising to every user on the
machine. This causes each user to have to go through the install process to
get their icons and the program (s). Luckily the second and subsequent
installs only run the mini install. This usually happesn when the first
installer is a administrator.

Rohan said:
One more thing i forgot to mention that how does CD Key works with regards
to deployment throguh active directory????????

Ask a Question