help! - powerpoint 2002/2003 office animation runtime package - Sound

Anil Philip

Mike,
I want to know what are the different state variables I can access in the
<oa:audio> tags to see if sound is playing, or is paused, or is stopped.
The oa tags are generated in PowerPoint generated HTML files, when I "Save
As Web Page"
I shall be accessing the state variables from the javascript file script.js
which is also generated by Powerpoint.
please copy your reply to (e-mail address removed)
Appreciate any help.
I tried to search in msdn.microsoft.com but could not find anything useful.
thanks,
Anil

Michael Koerner

If this message is meant for me. I must confess I have no expertise in the
internal workings of the generated code when your presentation is published to a
web page. What are you trying to accomplish?

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>

Mike,
I want to know what are the different state variables I can access in the
<oa:audio> tags to see if sound is playing, or is paused, or is stopped.
The oa tags are generated in PowerPoint generated HTML files, when I "Save
As Web Page"
I shall be accessing the state variables from the javascript file script.js
which is also generated by Powerpoint.
please copy your reply to (e-mail address removed)
Appreciate any help.
I tried to search in msdn.microsoft.com but could not find anything useful.
thanks,
Anil

Anil Philip

When the ToggleVNarration() function is called in script.js in the generated
web files folder, I want to be able to check the "play state" of narObj (to
do another task at this stage). For browsers before IE5.0 and others, rObj
is used instead and rObj.playState is used to check this. What instance
variables in narObj will give me this?

I have a more immediate and pressing problem: I installed the Office
Animation runtime so that my environment is now equivalent to
Powerpoint2002/2003. I do NOT want the sound to automatically play. When the
slide loads on its first time (opening the page in a new browser), the sound
does not play. However if I do a Refresh (reload the page) or navigate
between the pages, the sound starts automatically. How do I prevent this?

I have been trying to use the MS Script debugger and reading the generated
html code but its not apparent.
thanks,
Anil Philip
----
for good news go to http://members.tripod.com/~goodnewsforyou/goodnews.html

Michael Koerner wrote in message ...

Michael Koerner

I'm sorry, I can't help. Hopefully someone will jump in.

--
[...]

Is there any documentation on this? I will be surprised if this API is not
documented. I did searches at support.microsoft.com and msdn.microsoft.com -
but perhaps I was not searching properly.
Can anyone please help?
thanks,
Anil

Michael Koerner wrote in message ...

Steve Rindsberg

Is there any documentation on this? I will be surprised if this API is not
documented.

I don't think you could really call it an API, as there's no interface to it
and as far as I know, little or no documentation.