Help, please

A

aa

I am using VS2003 and when I am launching the web application in the sub folder page he me show the error. I attached the 2 files machine.config and web.config from sub-folder.

Server Error in '/Pirmadienis' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 2: <configuration>
Line 3: <system.web>
Line 4: <authentication mode="Windows">
Line 5: </authentication>
Line 6: <authorization>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Pirmadienis\gedimai\web.config Line: 4

M

Michel

Hi there,

My guess is you have a web.config in a directory OTHER then the root of the application (as defined in IIS) and it contains the authentication mode tag. The authentication mode can only be set once (and in the root directory's web.config).

Hope this helps,
Michel

I am using VS2003 and when I am launching the web application in the sub folder page he me show the error. I attached the 2 files machine.config and web.config from sub-folder.

Server Error in '/Pirmadienis' Application.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 2: <configuration>
Line 3: <system.web>
Line 4: <authentication mode="Windows">
Line 5: </authentication>
Line 6: <authorization>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Pirmadienis\gedimai\web.config Line: 4

Ask a Question