Help Please: Wireless printer

blank

My laptop prints ok wirelessly, but it runs through the router to the
desktop computer. I want to replace the desktop with another laptop. But
that will mean that neither will print wirelessly. What can I do about
this? Is there some sort of minimal server I could buy so that both laptops
would be able to print wirelessly?

IntergalacticExpandingPanda

My laptop prints ok wirelessly, but it runs through the router to the
desktop computer. I want to replace the desktop with another laptop.  But
that will mean that neither will print wirelessly.  What can I do about
this?  Is there some sort of minimal server I could buy so that both laptops
would be able to print wirelessly?

What printer do you currently have?

There are a couple of options including a router with a usb print
server. These work to various degrees. There are wireless USB
adapters. Some existing printers can take a bluetooth dongle.

And you have printers with network support on board.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=206928744&listingid=45045530&dcaid=17902

blank

"IntergalacticExpandingPanda" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
My laptop prints ok wirelessly, but it runs through the router to the
desktop computer. I want to replace the desktop with another laptop. But
that will mean that neither will print wirelessly. What can I do about
this? Is there some sort of minimal server I could buy so that both
laptops
would be able to print wirelessly?

What printer do you currently have?

There are a couple of options including a router with a usb print
server. These work to various degrees. There are wireless USB
adapters. Some existing printers can take a bluetooth dongle.

And you have printers with network support on board.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=206928744&listingid=45045530&dcaid=17902

Thanks for replying. What you said sounds promising. The printer is a
Lexmark C532 PS3, the router is a Billion BiPAC 7404V VoIP 802.11g. I
connect the desktop computer to the printer via USB hub.