help please (VBA to insert images)

alenhart

through my searching of this and other boards, I came up with the
following code that would pick up the file name in E4 and insert the
image in E5 and then loop through the worksheet. It works perfectly the
first time, but then it seems to get stuck and repeat itself over and
over with out end. obviously I am missing something.

please help!

here is the code:

Sub InsertImages()
Dim i As Integer
Dim sFilename As String
Dim bcontinue As Boolean
Dim spath As String

spath = "http://cmspro/stellent/idcplg/webdav/Contribution
Folders/Exhibitions_Public/Fast Forward/FFImages/"
bcontinue = True
While bcontinue
sFilename = Worksheets(2).Cells(4, 5).Value
If sFilename = "" Then
bcontinue = False
Else
Cells(4, 6).Select
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(spath + sFilename).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 85
i = i + 1
End If
Wend
End Sub

Tim Williams

Where's the next filename after E4?
You're incrementing i but not using it anywhere, so it's not easy to see what it's *supposed* to do...

Tim

Jim Cone

You are not very talkative are you?
I think this is what you want.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Sub InsertImages()
Dim sFilename As String
Dim spath As String
Dim bcontinue As Boolean
Dim rngCell As Excel.Range

spath = "http://cmspro/stellent/idcplg/webdav/Contribution " & _
"Folders/Exhibitions_Public/Fast Forward/FFImages/"
bcontinue = True
Set rngCell = Worksheets(2).Cells(4, 5)
While bcontinue
sFilename = rngCell.Value
If sFilename = "" Then
bcontinue = False
Else
'In the column to the right
rngCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(spath + sFilename).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 85
'Pick the cell directly below and do it again.
Set rngCell = rngCell.Offset(1, 0)
End If
Wend
Set rngCell = Nothing