Help please! Animated gif does not show animation when form displa

Folks,

Anybody knows how to add an animated gif image (e.g. my_anim_image.gif) to
an Excel VBA form, such that when the form is displayed the user can see the
animation???

I added an image control to my form and in the picture property I loaded an
animated gif image, but so far it does not show the animation when the form
is displayed. I am sure the gif image I have is animated because when I open
it using the “Windows Picture and Fax Viewer†it shows the animation.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to all who contribute to the answer

JoCa

Tom Ogilvy

The image control doesn't support animated gifs. Some have recommended
using a browser control.

Tom,

Thanks for your suggestion. I Added the Microsoft WebBrowser control
(C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHDOCVW.DLL) to my form but I don’t see where can I
specify the animated gif I want to use. There is no FileName, Picture, URL or
other property that I recognize where I can specify the path and filename of
the animated gif I want to use.

Tom,

Thanks for your suggestion. I Added the Microsoft WebBrowser control
(C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHDOCVW.DLL) to my form but I don’t see where can I
specify the animated gif I want to use. There is no FileName, Picture, URL or
other property that I recognize where I can specify the path and filename of
the animated gif I want to use.

Tom Ogilvy

Guess I should have said Web Browser control. A sampling of some answers to
this question from the past:

Hello,

it' s really easy. Use the "Gif89 1.0"-Control. You can get it on
http://www.schlotsoft.de/hauptseite.htm in the Corner "Für Programmierer -
VB6/C++ - Controls". Before you can use it, you have to register this
control with "regsvr32.exe"

Have a nice day
Peter from Tyrol, Austria
---------------

From: Efstratios Malasiotis ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Animated gif in a userform or spreadsheet ???

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
Date: 2000/06/18

Hi Jonco,
I don't think that Excel itself can do this. You'll have to use a control
(Microsoft, third-party, your own).
For example you could use Microsoft Web Browser and use
WebBrowser1.Navigate="anigif.gif". Not a
good solution though.

HTH
Stratos

-------------------
You can view animated gifs and URLs through a VBA dialog, just add a webb
browser control to your form and use the navigate method to direct
it to the URL or animated gif:

With Me.WebBrowser1
.Navigate "d:\flame.gif"
End With

The browser control is contained in SHDOCVW.DLL (probably in your win\sys32
dir, if you have it installed)

Regards,

Andrew Baker.
-------------------

Did you try:

Add a Web Browser control to the form, then set it's contents to be the gif
in code:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()

webbrowser1.Navigate "file://c:/mydir/myfile.gif"

End Sub

Hi Tom

You can not do that unless you use external components -like the webbrowser
component. The resource overhead hardly makes it worth it -my 0.02 only.

HTH. Best wishes Harald