HELP - photos and movie clips onto CD/DVD?

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can help but first apologies for the length of this message. I want to explain as much as possible and, as you will see, I’m not a technical wizard!

This all began when I wanted to put some photos and movie clips, taken on my digital camera, on to a CD/DVD as a slide show with music etc. and play using my Toshiba DVD player.

• I have a latest HP Media PC so thought I would try using ‘create CD/DVD’ in Media Centre. I was able to select photos and add music then created a slide show on a CD-R. This played on the PC but not on my DVD player “incorrect disc”. So, I went through it again and created another disc using a DVD+RW. On first attempt to play it “incorrect disc” appeared again on the DVD player but I ejected it and tried again and it played!

However, this was only part successful as the music cuts out and there is some pixilation. Also, I couldn’t find a way of timing the music to the length of the slide show. I can’t add more music as the RW disc appears to have been automatically closed?

• Next, I tried Microsoft Moviemaker. I created a ‘project’ with pictures and movie clips to the timeline, added titles and effects, even matched songs to fit the timeline exactly. Great, I thought, until I tried to create a disc! I used ‘save to CD’ The programme went through the process of;

• Saving files to create movie
    • Converting files
    • Burning disc
    • Disc successfully completed

Again, the CD-R would only play on my PC; the same error “incorrect disc” appears on the DVD player.

I went out and bought a pack of DVD-R discs. I had another attempt but this time selecting ‘save to DVD’ and using a DVD-R. Again the programme successfully completed creating the disc but now the DVD wouldn’t play at all, not on the PC or DVD. The disc is completely unreadable (corrupt).

Thinking the first DVD-R disc might have been faulty I tried a second time and HOORAH! it worked. It plays on both PC and DVD player but I fear this is more out of luck than judgement!

• Now, having one good disc I decided to make a copy for a friend. I used Roxio Digital Media Plus V7.2 to create an exact copy to another DVD-R disc. I put the copy DVD in the DVD player and………..“incorrect disc”. WHY????? It’s the same as the other one!!! I GIVE UP!

PLEASE, PLEASE. What is the best way of putting photos, movie clips and music into a movie/slide show? Something even I can use with the knowledge that all those hours of work will actually produce a good CD/DVD without going through all of this again.

P.S. Is it best to always use DVD’s for this type of thing or are CD’s just as good?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Hello!

First off I would not put Music and Photos on the same disc? [apart for back-up reasons]
Put your music onto CD;) using Nero as IMHO is the better editor.
Put your Photos on either DVD or CD this can also be done with Nero making sure your DVD player accepts the format you are using.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I would normally keep music etc on seperate CD's but the whole point of what I'm trying to do is to create musical slide shows. Many products claim to do it (MS Moviemaker, Roxio Media Suite, Magix Photo CD/DVD etc..) and indeed I can create decent slideshows. The problem starts after burning to CD or DVD with not being able to play the disc in a regular DVD player even though the software says "to watch on your TV through your DVD palyer". Actually, the same as what Photoshow Express claims to do (see the advertisment above).

Reaction score
cliffb said:
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I would normally keep music etc on seperate CD's but the whole point of what I'm trying to do is to create musical slide shows. Many products claim to do it (MS Moviemaker, Roxio Media Suite, Magix Photo CD/DVD etc..) and indeed I can create decent slideshows. The problem starts after burning to CD or DVD with not being able to play the disc in a regular DVD player even though the software says "to watch on your TV through your DVD palyer". Actually, the same as what Photoshow Express claims to do (see the advertisment above).

I use Magix 3.0 it will do what you requier with no problems:thumb: Read the instructions first, it took me 3DVD`s to get it correct ;) >>>>>

Reaction score
I used to be able to add multiple photos to my timeline, can only add one at a time now!!!

Ask a Question