Help on:The XML page cannot be displayed !!

G

H
-When I try to open some XML pages, It shows that there is an error on the page, and I get this error message
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error opening input file: 'http://schemas.windowsupdate.com/iu/resultschema.xml'. Access is denied. Error processing resou..
-And When I go to : 'http://schemas.windowsupdate.com/iu/resultschema.xml
The page opens as follows
- <Schema name="schemaItems" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data" xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"
- <AttributeType name="name"><datatype dt:type="string" /></AttributeType
- <AttributeType name="itemID"><datatype dt:type="string" /></AttributeType
- <AttributeType name="href"><datatype dt:type="uri" /></AttributeType><AttributeType name="timestamp" dt:type="datetime" />
- <ElementType name="items" content="eltOnly"><AttributeType name="errorCode" dt:type="int" /><attribute type="errorCode" required="no" /><element type="itemStatus" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /></ElementType
- <ElementType name="itemStatus" content="eltOnly"><attribute type="timestamp" required="no" /><element type="identity" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="platform" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /><element type="description" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="downloadStatus" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="installStatus" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="downloadPath" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="detectResult" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="client" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /></ElementType><ElementType name="downloadPath" /><ElementType name="client" />
- <ElementType name="description" content="eltOnly"><AttributeType name="priority" dt:type="enumeration" dt:values="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" /><AttributeType name="hidden" dt:type="boolean" /><attribute type="priority" required="no" /><attribute type="hidden" required="no" /><attribute type="timestamp" required="no" /><element type="size" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="requestRank" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="displayHints" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="descriptionText" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /></ElementType><ElementType name="requestRank" />
- <ElementType name="target" model="open"><attribute type="name" required="yes" /></ElementType
- <ElementType name="displayHints"><element type="target" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="*" /></ElementType><ElementType name="size" /><ElementType name="title" />
- <ElementType name="details"><attribute type="href" required="yes" /></ElementType
- <ElementType name="icon"><attribute type="href" required="yes" /></ElementType
- <ElementType name="eula"><attribute type="href" required="yes" /></ElementType
- <ElementType name="descriptionText" content="mixed"><element type="title" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="details" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="icon" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="eula" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="language" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /></ElementType
- <ElementType name="identity" content="eltOnly"><attribute type="name" required="yes" /><attribute type="itemID" required="no" /><element type="type" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="publisherName" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="guid" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="version" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="language" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /></ElementType><ElementType name="publisherName" model="open" content="mixed" /><ElementType name="type" model="closed" content="textOnly" dt:type="string" /><ElementType name="guid" />
- <ElementType name="version" content="mixed"><AttributeType name="major" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="minor" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="servicePackMajor" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="servicePackMinor" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="build" dt:type="int" /><attribute type="major" required="no" /><attribute type="minor" required="no" /><attribute type="build" required="no" /><attribute type="servicePackMajor" required="no" /><attribute type="servicePackMinor" required="no" /><attribute type="timestamp" required="no" /></ElementType
- <ElementType name="platform" content="mixed"><attribute type="name" required="yes" /><element type="processorArchitecture" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="version" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="suite" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /><element type="productType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /></ElementType><ElementType name="suite" content="mixed" /><ElementType name="productType" content="mixed" /><ElementType name="processorArchitecture" content="mixed" /><ElementType name="language" content="mixed" />
- <ElementType name="downloadStatus"><AttributeType name="value" dt:type="enumeration" dt:values="COMPLETE IN_PROGRESS FAILED" /><AttributeType name="errorCode" dt:type="int" /><attribute type="value" required="yes" /><attribute type="errorCode" required="no" /></ElementType>
- <ElementType name="installStatus"><AttributeType name="value" dt:type="enumeration" dt:values="COMPLETE IN_PROGRESS FAILED" /><AttributeType name="errorCode" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="needsReboot" dt:type="boolean" /><attribute type="value" required="yes" /><attribute type="errorCode" required="no" /><attribute type="needsReboot" required="no" /></ElementType>
- <ElementType name="detectResult"><AttributeType name="installed" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="upToDate" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="newerVersion" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="excluded" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="force" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="computerSystem" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="compatibleHardware" dt:type="boolean" /><attribute type="installed" required="no" /><attribute type="upToDate" required="no" /><attribute type="newerVersion" required="no" /><attribute type="excluded" required="no" /><attribute type="force" required="no" /><attribute type="computerSystem" required="no" /><attribute type="compatibleHardware" required="no" /></ElementType></Schema>
-When I go to help and support :"XML Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Open An XML File Attachment in E-Mail :
SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to open an Extensible Markup Language (XML) document attached to an e-mail message, you may receive the following error message in a Microsoft Internet Explorer browser window:

The XML page cannot be displayed.

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Access is denied.
CAUSE
This behavior occurs if both of the following conditions are true:
The .xml file is attached to a Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail message.

-and-
You attempt to open the .xml file attachment either by double-clicking the attachment or by right-clicking the attachment and then clicking Open.
When you open an attachment in an HTML or XML-formatted mail message, the attachment is placed in the Temporary Internet Files folder on your computer's hard disk, and Internet Explorer opens the file from this location. Internet Explorer is unable to load .xml files from the Temporary Internet Files folder, and as a result, when you attempt to open an .xml file attachment from an Outlook or Outlook Express e-mail message, you receive the message described in the "Symptoms" section of this article.
WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, save the .xml file attachment to another location on your hard disk, and then open the file from this location. To do this, follow these steps:
Start Outlook or Outlook Express, and then open the message that contains the .xml file attachment that you want to open.
Right-click the attachment, and then click Save As.
In the Save Attachment dialog box, specify a name and a location in which to save the file, and then click Save.
Close the message window.
Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the .xml file that you saved in step 3.
Double-click the file to open it.
STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
MORE INFORMATION
The Temporary Internet Files folder (Internet Explorer cache) is the location on your hard disk in which Web pages and other files, such as graphics, are stored as you view them. This feature speeds up the display of pages that you frequently visit or have already viewed, because Internet Explorer can access and open them from your hard disk instead of from the Web.

-I opened OutlookExpress and I foloowed up But I've confused what to do and how to get it to solve this
- Im using Windows XP Pro/DSL Connection/INternet Explorer 6 sp1/Outlook Explorer 6 sp1
Please help me fixing this, cause I often use XML files
Thank you in advance
Sandy

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

For Internet Explorer assistance:

Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Hi
| -When I try to open some XML pages, It shows that there is an error on the page, and I get this error
| Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or
try again later.
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Error opening input file: 'http://schemas.windowsupdate.com/iu/resultschema.xml'. Access is denied. Error
processing resou...
| -And When I go to : 'http://schemas.windowsupdate.com/iu/resultschema.xml'
| The page opens as follows:
| - <Schema name="schemaItems" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"
xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
| - <AttributeType name="name"><datatype dt:type="string" /></AttributeType>
| - <AttributeType name="itemID"><datatype dt:type="string" /></AttributeType>
| - <AttributeType name="href"><datatype dt:type="uri" /></AttributeType><AttributeType name="timestamp"
dt:type="datetime" />
| - <ElementType name="items" content="eltOnly"><AttributeType name="errorCode" dt:type="int" /><attribute
type="errorCode" required="no" /><element type="itemStatus" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="itemStatus" content="eltOnly"><attribute type="timestamp" required="no" /><element
type="identity" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="platform" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /><element
type="description" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="downloadStatus" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
/><element type="installStatus" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="downloadPath" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1" /><element type="detectResult" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="client"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /></ElementType><ElementType name="downloadPath" /><ElementType name="client" />
| - <ElementType name="description" content="eltOnly"><AttributeType name="priority" dt:type="enumeration"
dt:values="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" /><AttributeType name="hidden" dt:type="boolean" /><attribute type="priority"
required="no" /><attribute type="hidden" required="no" /><attribute type="timestamp" required="no" /><element
type="size" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="requestRank" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element
type="displayHints" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="descriptionText" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*"
/></ElementType><ElementType name="requestRank" />
| - <ElementType name="target" model="open"><attribute type="name" required="yes" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="displayHints"><element type="target" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="*"
/></ElementType><ElementType name="size" /><ElementType name="title" />
| - <ElementType name="details"><attribute type="href" required="yes" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="icon"><attribute type="href" required="yes" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="eula"><attribute type="href" required="yes" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="descriptionText" content="mixed"><element type="title" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
/><element type="details" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="icon" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
/><element type="eula" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="language" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*"
/></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="identity" content="eltOnly"><attribute type="name" required="yes" /><attribute
type="itemID" required="no" /><element type="type" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="publisherName"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="guid" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="version"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="language" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*"
/></ElementType><ElementType name="publisherName" model="open" content="mixed" /><ElementType name="type"
model="closed" content="textOnly" dt:type="string" /><ElementType name="guid" />
| - <ElementType name="version" content="mixed"><AttributeType name="major" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType
name="minor" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="servicePackMajor" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType
name="servicePackMinor" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="build" dt:type="int" /><attribute type="major"
required="no" /><attribute type="minor" required="no" /><attribute type="build" required="no" /><attribute
type="servicePackMajor" required="no" /><attribute type="servicePackMinor" required="no" /><attribute
type="timestamp" required="no" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="platform" content="mixed"><attribute type="name" required="yes" /><element
type="processorArchitecture" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /><element type="version" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
/><element type="suite" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*" /><element type="productType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
/></ElementType><ElementType name="suite" content="mixed" /><ElementType name="productType" content="mixed"
/><ElementType name="processorArchitecture" content="mixed" /><ElementType name="language" content="mixed" />
| - <ElementType name="downloadStatus"><AttributeType name="value" dt:type="enumeration" dt:values="COMPLETE
IN_PROGRESS FAILED" /><AttributeType name="errorCode" dt:type="int" /><attribute type="value" required="yes"
/><attribute type="errorCode" required="no" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="installStatus"><AttributeType name="value" dt:type="enumeration" dt:values="COMPLETE
IN_PROGRESS FAILED" /><AttributeType name="errorCode" dt:type="int" /><AttributeType name="needsReboot"
dt:type="boolean" /><attribute type="value" required="yes" /><attribute type="errorCode" required="no"
/><attribute type="needsReboot" required="no" /></ElementType>
| - <ElementType name="detectResult"><AttributeType name="installed" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType
name="upToDate" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="newerVersion" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType
name="excluded" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="force" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType
name="computerSystem" dt:type="boolean" /><AttributeType name="compatibleHardware" dt:type="boolean"
/><attribute type="installed" required="no" /><attribute type="upToDate" required="no" /><attribute
type="newerVersion" required="no" /><attribute type="excluded" required="no" /><attribute type="force"
required="no" /><attribute type="computerSystem" required="no" /><attribute type="compatibleHardware"
required="no" /></ElementType></Schema>
| -When I go to help and support :"XML Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Open An XML File
Attachment in E-Mail :
| SYMPTOMS
| When you attempt to open an Extensible Markup Language (XML) document attached to an e-mail message, you may
receive the following error message in a Microsoft Internet Explorer browser window:
|
| The XML page cannot be displayed.
|
| Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try
again later.
|
| Access is denied.
| CAUSE
| This behavior occurs if both of the following conditions are true:
| The .xml file is attached to a Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail message.
|
| -and-
| You attempt to open the .xml file attachment either by double-clicking the attachment or by right-clicking
the attachment and then clicking Open.
| When you open an attachment in an HTML or XML-formatted mail message, the attachment is placed in the
Temporary Internet Files folder on your computer's hard disk, and Internet Explorer opens the file from this
location. Internet Explorer is unable to load .xml files from the Temporary Internet Files folder, and as a
result, when you attempt to open an .xml file attachment from an Outlook or Outlook Express e-mail message,
you receive the message described in the "Symptoms" section of this article.
| WORKAROUND
| To work around this issue, save the .xml file attachment to another location on your hard disk, and then
open the file from this location. To do this, follow these steps:
| Start Outlook or Outlook Express, and then open the message that contains the .xml file attachment that you
want to open.
| Right-click the attachment, and then click Save As.
| In the Save Attachment dialog box, specify a name and a location in which to save the file, and then click
Save.
| Close the message window.
| Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the .xml file that you saved in step 3.
| Double-click the file to open it.
| STATUS
| Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of
this article.
| MORE INFORMATION
| The Temporary Internet Files folder (Internet Explorer cache) is the location on your hard disk in which Web
pages and other files, such as graphics, are stored as you view them. This feature speeds up the display of
pages that you frequently visit or have already viewed, because Internet Explorer can access and open them
from your hard disk instead of from the Web.
|
| -I opened OutlookExpress and I foloowed up But I've confused what to do and how to get it to solve this
| - Im using Windows XP Pro/DSL Connection/INternet Explorer 6 sp1/Outlook Explorer 6 sp1
| Please help me fixing this, cause I often use XML files
| Thank you in advance
| Sandy
|
|
|

G

Michael h
again what do you mean ?
am i too slow today or what ?
i don't understand what you mea
well lets put it this way. when i try to go to: (like Carey Frisch said) news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser , my outlook express opens and ask me to register to some 4000 news groups, or new thread discusions !! and like i said i dont use and i don't want to use outlook express services (because i did once and it complicated every thing on my system) , and, i don't want to register to any news groups or any new threads !!!!
or like dev advised me to go to these sites. but,where and what should i look for ?
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.ht
http://dougknox.co
http://aumha.or
http://support.microsoft.co
and now You tell me to go to
Michael Solomon MS-MV
Windows Shell/Use
Backup is a PC User's Best Frien
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org
where and what should i look for (without getting registered) in order to solve my problem?
i ask again :: can't i post this problem in these news groups ?? like Windows XP general, Windows XP basics , Windows XP Internet Explorer, and Windows XP Outlook Expres ?
thanks and regard
Sand

M

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

My link will take you to the web interface for newsgroups that you are
already using and I'm referring to the link at the end of this sentence, not
in my signature:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

Once there, scroll the list on the left to
windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, select it and try your question there as
you will get a better answer from those specializing in IE browser issues.

Ask a Question